2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Review: It isnt all bad

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV - Consumer Review

It isnt all bad
By smalltownhound on

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first foreign car ever; I recently sold my 3rd Gen Camaro for this truck. I have owned her for about 3 months and have put well over 5,000 miles on her. Yes, parts are a bit more expensive so do some research online for different parts and see if it is up to your budget. If not, than this vehicle isnít going to be for you anyways. It has many quirky buttons, positions of where the buttons are and there are some interesting flaws of the design. However, for the size of the vehicle itís not all bad and it does handle much better than other SUVs I have owned in the past. Itís a great truck, but I would bet that a person who knows about working on cars may enjoy it more like me!

Room, Headroom, Stereo, Power everything, Dual Moon Roofs, Leather Interior, Brush Guard, pretty much everything. Awesome interior and exterior! I normally upgrade my radios but I refuse to with Rover, it sounds too good to fiddle with it.

There are many suggested improvements, but thatís probably due to me only owning Chevy's. Screw to align the rotors? E-Brake boot gets nasty quick, headliner falls quick; some of the noises it makes is also pretty comical.