ROVER LOVER
By JOAN OF ARC on
2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 2nd Discovery.I had a 1996.I drove it from San Diego,Ca. to Shreveport,La. 4 times round trip. I bought it used in Birmingham ,Al. The same day a tornado hit the area,I drove through tornado winds,and rain back to Shreveport,La .The vehicle held the road perfectly.Years later I saw Michael Douglas in a Discovery 2 in the film "Don't Say a Word" and found the exact same one used.It's got the same beautiful gold paint.It turns heads everywhere I go.I put 18" chrome Mizotti rims and Falken tires on it.It's an expensive toy,but it looks and rides like you are royalty.
Favorite Features
My vehicle's best features are the grill guard,running boards,and dual sunroofs.The piped leather interior is gorgeous.The 6 CD changer is great also.It handles like a dream.I love the AWD in bad weather. Very nice rear door,easy access.I love the uniqueness of it.It is classy, and sporty.
Suggested Improvements
Mount the power seat controls where the seatbelt won't hit them.Mount the 3rd taillight better.In the desert heat it comes off the glass,and bangs around.Would like more legroom,and hiproom.The suede on the doors gets dirty from use, damaged by rain and sun,maybe put more wood where elbows go.