Hey... its a Rover.
By Blake on
2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SD 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)
Picked the truck up from my uncle while trying to find a Jeep I liked. Went in knowing the repairs would be expensive. With all the performance upgrades and off roading accessories, I just couldn't say know. Had do drop around 4 grand on the truck after working on the drive shafts, brakes, and cat converter. Spent even more on the suspension, rack, lights, tires and so on. Bottom line is this: The truck can go everywhere I want it to and offers more room and better storage than the Jeep would have. It's an expensive truck, but I like having the Land Rover history under my while I trail drive. Plus, you can't beat the look of a dressed up Rover.
Favorite Features
Off road monster if dressed out right. Lots of features and add-ons. One of a kind once you make it your own. Just feel safe and on top of the world.
Suggested Improvements
Standard 4.6L V8 should be on all vehicles this big. Better breaks for a truck with this curb weight. Look into better mpg options, or just go diesel with all of them. A little more reliability with the truck would go a long way. Stop making trophy wife trucks... this is trail rig!!!