For what its worth
By Blake on
2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SD 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)
Bought this truck from my uncle's dealership in Oklahoma while living out west of Phoenix Arizona. Did environmental work on an abandoned gold mine and wanted a truck to hold all my gear and make the experience fun. The truck is a beast when it comes to repairs, but nothing can match the unique style and upgrade abilities of a Land Rover. I have suspension work, racks, tires, and a whole list of additional upgrades. "Stella" might be a pain sometimes, but she gets the job done when I need her to. I live in a cabin in the woods of North Texas now and couldn't imagine not having my Rover. I am welding a new bumper for her right now. I'll drive her till she dies, then throw in a diesel!
Favorite Features
Unbeatable offroad. Lots of upgrades available. Easy to fab your own off road accessories. Looks unique and always turns heads. No fear entering trails or camping. Took out the back seats and can fit every bit of my gear, guns, animals, and the wife's stuff too!! Part of the Rover Family!
Suggested Improvements
MPG is horrible! These trucks should have the diesel that they have overseas. The US market is getting murdered with the underpowered V8 we are running. Expensive to maintain and LR parts are way overpriced. Not as reliable as the series rovers or as easy to work on. Stop using plastic snap ons!!!