2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery Series II model:
Discover II SE7
By Carlton on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our Discovery II more than we imagined. It is a truly unique vehicle, that turns heads. The handling in bad weather is excellent and exceeds any vehicle I've experienced. The build is solid and reliability has been good so far. Additionally, I have never had a better purchasing experience than when I bought this vehicle. Treatment in the service department has also been exceptional.

Best SUV ever
By disco smh on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Disco almost a year. What fun it is to drive! I have taken it to Canada and back to Colorado. Got really good gas mileage on that trip and I get better than quoted mileage in town. We had some minor problems in the beginning, but the dearlership worked with us and really went all out to get them fixed in a timely manner. I have owned other SUV's, nothing comes close to my Land Rover Discovery SE, or the level of customer service we receive at the dearlership. It is great looking, and easy to drive. This is the vehicle we use to get away from it all, because it can take you there and back with confidence. There is no other SUV like this.

Awesome 4x4
By Afrobongo on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Haven't had any problem with my Disco. Whether on the road, or off road, this truck is a pure pleasure to drive.

My 2001 Land Rover Disco II LE7
By Rick R on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I'll keep this short. If you're looking for nearly the best vehicle off-road, this is your truck. However, if you have more money, you should seek a Range Rover. Whatever type of Land Rover vehicle you own, make sure your wallet can handle it. With expensive repairs (My front cup-holders were $73 to have replaced), poor gas mileage and a "boxy" body, it can cause quite a dent in your finances. All and all, if you have the money and want a vehicle that you can "show off" by being different, this is a great choice.

Fun SUV
By Elizabeth on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this car. It's fun to drive and it doesn't look like every other SUV out there. It also drives like a REAL SUV, not like a CAR pretending to be an SUV. Other Disco owners will come up and talk to me when I'm out and about, and it really feels like belonging to a club or something.--I've never experienced anything like this in Houston before. They say the Disco is quirky, but even so I think it is a great car, and so far very reliable.

2001 SE7
By rj17 on 03/06/02 11:50 AM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

To those of you that are still on the fence, "This is a fun truck." Case in Point; Simply take one out for a test drive. Not only will you exprience the comfort and security, but you will notice the wondering minds of those around you as you roar by. Is that a Ford,Chevy,Cadi; No,it's a "Land Rover" as the winds of convert starts in their minds.:} simle

An excellent vehicle
By bakca on 03/05/02 15:08 PM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my discovery for over 7 months and 14,000 miles. The ride is quiet and firm both on and off road. I've driven in torrential rain, snow, on the beach and off road at a wheels event. The 4wd, ETC, and ABS are nice to have when on road conditions are not the best, this truck really sticks to the road. It is comfortable and great for road trips. So far this has been the best vehicle I've owned and the best dealer I've dealt with.

More than I expected
By c2sox on 03/05/02 13:43 PM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SD 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a pleasant surprise, I knew what I was getting into when we puchased this vehicle. I have to admit I was apprehensive at first, with all the negative remarks that I've heard and read anyone would. But since day one this rig has been a pleasure to drive, she gives me confidence everywhere I go. Yes she has some quirks but what vehicles don't. The build quality is excellent, though it did help that German quality control was at hand with the BMW ownership.

Great Truck -- Zero Problems
By cwiginton on 03/05/02 08:47 AM (PST)

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had been looking for a new car for some period of time when I decided to give the Land Rover Discovery a look. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. I have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle and have had zero problems with it since I purchased it. I would definately purchase another Land Rover in the future when I am in the market for another car. In fact, we are considering a Freelander for my wife.