2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Review: Nightmare

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV

Nightmare
By Mike Morotti on

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

My wife and I could write a best selling book on the horror "stories" we have had with this vehicle. (We will spare you) This is not a reliable vehicle. We have never taken this vehicle "off road" or in the snow, which is what it is supposed to be used for. From the electrical system, power train, brakes, rotors, ABS, etc. we have had nothing but problems. We have spent over $10,000 in the past 2 years on this vehicle in repairs and it is still broken. (ABS sensors, etc) We are going to buy a new car this week and we will never buy anything Land Rover or Range Rover ever again. We do not drive our cars "hard" either. 100% suburban environment, no snow, no hills, no bumps, etc. Lemon!

We like the way it looks! Thats it!

Buy every one back that was ever produced. It is the right thing to do!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By victourb
on 07/20/14 11:04 AM (PDT)

Did you Perform any maintenance on this Rover ?? mine has not been offroad either is just Turn over 180000. Miles . I guess that many miles would have cost you $10 million.. Sad that people abuse their car. OH, I did do a lot of Trail riding but not in Mud and Water... She is a 2000 But she will go much farher before I part with her. She looks better than Most 5year old cars around No Rust or Dents Original Paint.. Ohe the sad part is the plastic bumper have gotten brittle and broken in the Florida Sun.. Love my Disco..