2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Review: Looks good but looks aren't ev

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Looks good but looks aren't everything!
By marj on

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

What I like: Elegant inside/out. Great views. Good Power. Excellent off-roading skills .Awesome Harman-Kardon sound system. Very easy to change exterior lightbulbs. Front seats are comfortable. Dual sunroofs are neat. What I hate: Premium gas/bad mileage (12 mpg). It's too narrow or I'm too wide. Windshield wipers are horrible. Dealer service is subpar. Feels unsafe at high speeds. Worthless cupholders & no console space. AAA man hates the oversized lugnuts. Rubber mats around console/dash are difficult to keep clean. Backseat is not very roomy. I've never had any engine problems but little things break all the time. Unless you have the extended warranty, I would be wary.

Favorite Features

Dual sunroofs, Premium Harmon-Kardon soundsystem, Heated windshield, 4WD, How easy it is to change tail/brake lights, Easy to park due to its small size, Off-roading is fun.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield wiper mechanism should be replaced. When there are drinks in the cupholders it smashes against the AC controls and that is irritating. There is very little storage space in the front seat area. The steering wheel "tilt" barely budges. Premium gasoline is stupid for an SUV.