Land Rover owners are patient people.
By alvette5 on
2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD
I loved the panache. I loved the snob appeal. I loved it's off-road ability and prestige. But man, this thing drinks a lot of gas and it's been serviced so much, the guys at the dealership know me by name. I was caught in a bad flood in Los Angeles while driving my Honda. Most of the surface streets and some fwys were closed due to flooding. From the corner of my eye I saw a Land Rover going through the water like it was nothing. "Someday.", I said. Today, I own two of these vehicles and it has been an adventure in and out of the dealer service shop.
Favorite Features
A proven off-road vehicle (though I've never taken it off-road). In bad weather this is the vehicle to take. It will get you back alive while other cars will get stranded. Great head room and a very smooth ride for an SUV. Very luxurious and the Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome!
Suggested Improvements
Bad ergonomics, I get leg cramps from driving too long. Build quality: cup holders break easily, parts of the car will fall apart, rear bumper brake light popped out when I stood on the rear bumper. Very low re-sale value. Engine always LEAKS! Terrible gas mileage, 10mpg.