Used 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (79 reviews )

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II
By 2kdisco

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

I love my Disco'! It gets poor gas mileage, but hey...most cars are pretty bad these days. At least I know i can go pretty much anywhere at any time, in any weather condition.

I love the dual roofs. both front seats are very comfortable, haven't sat in the back, but friends don't seem to mind long trips in the back seat.

SE7
By Howard Staats

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

This is the third Discovery I have owned. These are outstanding SUV's in almost every sense. Awesome interior design, great offroad ability, Comfort, unimaginable interior features, So much sturdier and robust than our RX300, Pulls our boat repectably, Dual sunroofs, Harmon KArdon sound system, the list is endless. Reliability is on par with any of the foreign vehicles and parts are not overpriced as some may believe. Theres no better SUV for the money!

Dual roofs, Seating position, Dash layout

I cant think of any.

Best Ride
By LOVE THIS RIDE

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

Great vehilce all around!

The best car ever made
By disco2000

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

I wanted a disco since 97 and I finally got one. The car has the coolest design. You can recognize this car from anywhere. I got this car about a year ago and I love it. I am having a few problems though. My horn piece broke, my key breaks, my back seats won't go up, and my srs light is very sensitive, but I am very fortunate that I am not having any major problems. However, these problems make me feel like the car is made cheap.

dual sunroofs, Harmon kardon, heated seats, jump seats, ACE 18in wheels, body style

dont make pieces of the car so cheap. the horn should be in the steering wheel, not plastic buttons that break and cost $80 to replace, Don't make the metal in the stop to where it breaks off, make the metal go all the way through the key. don't make the jumpseats so difficult to use

This Car Sucks!!!!!!!!!1
By Taco_T_Dog

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

I owned this car for two weeks before the problems started. First a computer chip needed to be replaced that controlled my trannie..$400. Then the problem happened again. So after replacing it again, we decided to take a look at the engine. Oil leaking from the block. Found out we had a head gasket leak, a warped manifold and the pistons were not fireing properly. $2000.00. Also, you have to take it to the dealer and pay $120 an hr for labor. Then the car leaked coolant inside on the floor. Replaced a hose, cost $400. The dealer looked up the VIN and they found out that almost every major computer part in the car has been replaced previously.

None.