Used 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (79 reviews )

what a machine
By crusty444

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

except for some minor problem this is the real deal a suv that puts an escalade to shame not too much bling but over all huge and impressive but with v8 gas is gas dont be surprised to be spending up to 90 a week on fuel especially if you have the aux tank over all i like it and the service from landrover dealership is top notch

seats and controls the harmonkadon stereo is real loud and clear

undercoating these cars weren't winterized and don't offer such a thing either

what does SD stand for
By kris smith

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

my original vehicle was an eclipse gt fast, quick, manueverable (great fuel milage) We needed something that one could explore the mountains with. The SD that we purchased was just the ticket. It came with a bush bumper up front with attached lights, and all the extras that would make a ghost town excursion doable. All we need now is extra fuel cells and a metal detector. Keep up the good work Land Rover, maybe somday we'll be able to purchase a new Range Rover, GOD willin' and the creek don't rise, sincerely, DARKSTAR and his new bride BUTTERFLY

I'd Buy It All Over Again
By Robertr1969

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

My 2000 Discovery has been excellent in all respects, except for fuel economy & towing power. I would buy this vehicle all over again, but Ford decided to change things up with the new LR3 & it does not fit my taste & standards for reliability.

The on-road & off-road capabilities are superior.

Fuel economy & engine power are big definciencies for this vehicle. Being an SUV & AWD, the MPG will never be great, but they could be a lot better.

Love my LR, with all its faults
By StephanieM

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

My first SUV. I love my LR but I have issues with a company that won't do recalls on parts they know are faulty. I am on several LR forums and we all have the same problems. Cup holders, head gaskets(I've had 3 replaced, 2 under warranty), ABS modules, etc. I will probably upgrade to the Range Rover when this Disco expires. I have never needed a mechanic till I owned a Land Rover! Now I see him once a month(no lie)!

Everyone knows me. Its like I'm a celebrity. I can pack all my dogs in the rover and hit the road.

LR you have a great product that you charge wayyyy to much for. Suck up your pride and do recalls on known problems no matter what the cost. Just saying you own/drive a LR isn't what it used to be and you're slowly putting yourself out of business.

Fun but costly
By NorthWestern

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We love the car until you need work done- dealership repairs are eye-watering. (parts are reasonable- labor is rediculous). Cupholders are useless, even with small drinks. Gas mileage (14 all-around) is terrible- motor seems underpowered for weight of vehicle. (no wonder new LR3 has 300hp!) Great off-road, I'm sure most people don't use it as such, but as capable or moreso than a jeep. Front windshield is too short, difficult to see red lights if first in line, constantly ducking head to see light change. Rear view mirror not in a good spot- creates a blind spot in view of right hand turns. (I'm 6'3" so this may be biased.)

Upholstery is excellent, heated seats, Harmon Kardon stereo is amazing, off road ability, kids can see out back seats, and overall it's like driving an off road capable luxury vehicle.

Power, windshield size, cupholders, fuel economy ("requires" premium but able to use mid-grade with no detonation), wider seats in front, non-dealer service department would be nice!