Used 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II - Consumer Reviews

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II

Base 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (80 reviews )

If it isn't one thing, it's another
By Can't afford to sell

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

I Have had non stop issues with my Dicovery. 3 out of 5 doors only open from the inside.the rear moonroof will not open anymore,the front leaks, the upper rear side window leaks. Buttons broke on seats and horn, heater display does not light. My driver side seat heater does not work. Leather Seat cracked on side. Just replaced thermostat and waterpump, And the AC still does not work and you have to go 80 mh down a highway for the heat to heat up and when your stoped at a stop light, it gets cold. keep replacing windshield whiper arms. Rattles!!! Who knows where that comes from, We havent been able to figure it out. OH YA and my favorite, it sounds like ther is a waterfall in my dash board ???

Looks great from the outside

what a machine
By crusty444

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

except for some minor problem this is the real deal a suv that puts an escalade to shame not too much bling but over all huge and impressive but with v8 gas is gas dont be surprised to be spending up to 90 a week on fuel especially if you have the aux tank over all i like it and the service from landrover dealership is top notch

seats and controls the harmonkadon stereo is real loud and clear

undercoating these cars weren't winterized and don't offer such a thing either

what does SD stand for
By kris smith

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

my original vehicle was an eclipse gt fast, quick, manueverable (great fuel milage) We needed something that one could explore the mountains with. The SD that we purchased was just the ticket. It came with a bush bumper up front with attached lights, and all the extras that would make a ghost town excursion doable. All we need now is extra fuel cells and a metal detector. Keep up the good work Land Rover, maybe somday we'll be able to purchase a new Range Rover, GOD willin' and the creek don't rise, sincerely, DARKSTAR and his new bride BUTTERFLY

I'd Buy It All Over Again
By Robertr1969

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

My 2000 Discovery has been excellent in all respects, except for fuel economy & towing power. I would buy this vehicle all over again, but Ford decided to change things up with the new LR3 & it does not fit my taste & standards for reliability.

The on-road & off-road capabilities are superior.

Fuel economy & engine power are big definciencies for this vehicle. Being an SUV & AWD, the MPG will never be great, but they could be a lot better.

Love my LR, with all its faults
By StephanieM

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

My first SUV. I love my LR but I have issues with a company that won't do recalls on parts they know are faulty. I am on several LR forums and we all have the same problems. Cup holders, head gaskets(I've had 3 replaced, 2 under warranty), ABS modules, etc. I will probably upgrade to the Range Rover when this Disco expires. I have never needed a mechanic till I owned a Land Rover! Now I see him once a month(no lie)!

Everyone knows me. Its like I'm a celebrity. I can pack all my dogs in the rover and hit the road.

LR you have a great product that you charge wayyyy to much for. Suck up your pride and do recalls on known problems no matter what the cost. Just saying you own/drive a LR isn't what it used to be and you're slowly putting yourself out of business.