2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (79 reviews )
Looks good but looks aren't everything!
By marj on 03/07/05 00:52 AM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

What I like: Elegant inside/out. Great views. Good Power. Excellent off-roading skills .Awesome Harman-Kardon sound system. Very easy to change exterior lightbulbs. Front seats are comfortable. Dual sunroofs are neat. What I hate: Premium gas/bad mileage (12 mpg). It's too narrow or I'm too wide. Windshield wipers are horrible. Dealer service is subpar. Feels unsafe at high speeds. Worthless cupholders & no console space. AAA man hates the oversized lugnuts. Rubber mats around console/dash are difficult to keep clean. Backseat is not very roomy. I've never had any engine problems but little things break all the time. Unless you have the extended warranty, I would be wary.

LOVE IT!
By Dan Boshe on 02/21/05 22:50 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I love this vehicle!!! Way too many people buy these Discoverys and say that there are many problems with them...I dissagree! I purchased mine back in Febuary of 2000. I have yet to have a problem with it! I also bought a used one for my son when he turned 16. Yes gas can be a strain, but overall we have yet to bring his in also. There are a few little things that have broken, but nothing I couldn't fix myself. Great vehicle!! I recommend for anybody wanted a great offroad vehicle or just for getting around town in style.

okay
By heynow on 02/03/05 23:53 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Plus, the car rides stiff and has little body roll, very functional. Minus-wow-expensive to repair and gas mileage.

NOT a well built vehicle
By steeler man on 01/13/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This vehicle is not well built AT ALL! All sorts of problems...lock actuators,leaks,crappy cup-holders. This one has the ACE pkg and it whines like a scared cat. Replaced the ACE pump and it still screams. Wipers don't work half of the time and I could go on. You can't find anyone except a dealer over an hour away to work on them and they act like it's no big deal. I run an import car dealership and sell Honda,Mazda,Nissan and Suzukis. All of these have better build quality if you can believe that. The switches seem to have been put in the weirdest places. NO thinking person could have designed these locations.

3 words: Do not buy.
By becareful on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

There is no point in trying to write about all of my horrible experiences with this vehicle. I don't have the space and you don't time. Suffice it to say that this car defines a "piece of crap." It was constantly needing repairs, which were absolutely astronomical at the dealership and virtually noone else would work on a Land Rover. Be smart: these reviews don't lie. This vehicle defines a "money pit." If you're thinking, "well I'll just buy a new one, they're under warranty." Forget it, because as soon as the warranty expires, you'll be paying the repair bills unless you sell it first - just wait until you try to sell it. You'll be lucky to get trade-in value by selling it private.

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II
By 2kdisco on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I love my Disco'! It gets poor gas mileage, but hey...most cars are pretty bad these days. At least I know i can go pretty much anywhere at any time, in any weather condition.

SE7
By Howard Staats on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This is the third Discovery I have owned. These are outstanding SUV's in almost every sense. Awesome interior design, great offroad ability, Comfort, unimaginable interior features, So much sturdier and robust than our RX300, Pulls our boat repectably, Dual sunroofs, Harmon KArdon sound system, the list is endless. Reliability is on par with any of the foreign vehicles and parts are not overpriced as some may believe. Theres no better SUV for the money!

Best Ride
By LOVE THIS RIDE on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Great vehilce all around!

The best car ever made
By disco2000 on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I wanted a disco since 97 and I finally got one. The car has the coolest design. You can recognize this car from anywhere. I got this car about a year ago and I love it. I am having a few problems though. My horn piece broke, my key breaks, my back seats won't go up, and my srs light is very sensitive, but I am very fortunate that I am not having any major problems. However, these problems make me feel like the car is made cheap.

This Car Sucks!!!!!!!!!1
By Taco_T_Dog on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I owned this car for two weeks before the problems started. First a computer chip needed to be replaced that controlled my trannie..$400. Then the problem happened again. So after replacing it again, we decided to take a look at the engine. Oil leaking from the block. Found out we had a head gasket leak, a warped manifold and the pistons were not fireing properly. $2000.00. Also, you have to take it to the dealer and pay $120 an hr for labor. Then the car leaked coolant inside on the floor. Replaced a hose, cost $400. The dealer looked up the VIN and they found out that almost every major computer part in the car has been replaced previously.