2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV Consumer Reviews

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )
Steer Clear of this Vehicle
By martin303 on 12/31/14 01:54 AM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Overall, this purchase was the worst decision of my life. Bought this car for ecological work and needed towing capacity. After 3 years, I have never used this vehicle for it's intended purpose. Before I drove it home the first time the water pump went out. The second time the drive shaft fell off. Apparently, this is 'common' on LR. Everything has unusual engineering making repairs both extensive and extremely expensive. Tires are even outrageous. Though I validated this vehicle had a newer engine in it, virtually everything else has fallen apart. HORRIBLE mileage. Only put about 10K miles on it due to issues. Drove my Ford Explorer about 40K / yr for work...

A Matter of Perspective
By tannert on 07/11/14 20:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Our 2000 Discovery was purchased used from a man who did not take good car of it, and was not truthful of it's previous life, so it's been rough going. Nice easy to clean leather with comfortable seats. The second row is nice. You can carry adults, but not fitting for long car rides. and their knees will be rubbing a little bit. The third row can seat children.

Here's Hopeing
By qwackhead on 01/19/14 13:26 PM (PST)

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I've actually got one of these and have done so quite recently as I had traded a car which were surplus to my needs plus cash for something more practable as well as to tow my boat in future one I have finished on some current out of water maintanace The nievaty of such of deal to begin with was one that included approximately a 1500 km round road trip just to aquire as I live in New Zealand and drove from Auckland to Wellington and Back and done so with in 24hrs Being a V8 in comparision to the V6 Diamante© sedan I had traded the previously anticipated gas mileage were up there unlike the performance of the engine itself which we're an embarresment to say the least to be even called such.