Used 1995 Land Rover Defender 90 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Land Rover Defender - Consumer Reviews

90 3.9L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

Disregard the numbers, read the reviews!
By Rival

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 2dr SUV 4WD

It's interesting to read the reviews here and then compare them with the corresponding "ratings"........mainly, because I feel exactly the same way! These trucks are leaky, they rattle, they have all sorts of driveline noise, etc., but would I get rid of mine? NO WAY! There's just something about a Defender 90 that's difficult to put into words. Thankfully, mine has been very reliable, but even if it weren't, I would still love it. They look great, and they sound even better! I get more people inquiring about it than I do with my Ferrari! If you ever own one, you'll know what I mean about all this! (Also, I'm not aware of a car that holds its value better than a Defender!

Great looks (though similar to a Jeep, I'm surprised at how many people notice it's something different); great sounding/running all-aluminum V8; coil sprung, so it rides remarkably good for a vehicle with such a short wheelbase

Better door hinges (they rust and they rattle); better oil seals in the drivetrain

My Defender 90
By dameek

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Land Rover new in 1995 and still driving it 13 years later. It's noisy, leaks not only rain water but oil as well. Has done that since new. It's awesome off-road. I have driven almost all the off road trails in Washington state and it's incredible what it can do. I have put a new canvas top on it, new seats, bigger tires, removed the sway bars, longer suspension. After 88,000 miles its runs as good as it did the day I first drove it home. It does what it was built for extremely well and some. I know that the suggestion used pricing on here is close, but I have been offered $30k for it in the last year. Not for sale!

I love its looks. It has no rust anywhere. It rides pretty good for a full time 4X4. I hope to pass it down to my son when I am too old to drive it.

None that I can think of.

Landy
By Landy

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 2dr SUV 4WD

You will have to be a car nut, in order to drive this thing. They are a blast. Not the easiest to drive but a true classic.

Unbelievable off roading

None , keep selling them in the US

Defended
By picklechops

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new. The only negative this vehicle has is Edmonds for insulting Defender 90 owners regarding resale value. I do not know of anyone who would sell their D90 for less than $28,000. It has the highest resale value of any SUV sold in the U.S., bar noen.

Character, brute strength, mountaingoat ability, off road.

Make soft top more form fitting. Add one piece fiberglass top like Jeep Wrangler, where unfit Land Rover mechanics cannot put the multi sheet top on correctly.

Land Rover Defender
By Boshea

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 2dr SUV 4WD

A great vehicle for offroad use with little or no consideration given to highway driving. This truck is a noisy, leaky, dripping, rattling, uncomfortable block of scrap metal...but the weird thing is I love it! Expect continual maintenance and numerous after market modifications to make it more user friendly. Also expect to fill this car up with gas every other day as it's a guzzler with a really small tank,

I can throw my dirty dog, salty surfboard, muddy mountain bike, slushy snowboard, wet kayak, and musty camping gear into it and go. I can also hose of the interior. This car will pretty much put most stock SUVs to shame on a trailhead.

I would improve the door seals, better noise reduction, more comfortable seating, and add some more Gwagonesque amenities.