Used 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo

Base 5.0L V10 AWD 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

Gallardo Ultimate Practical Exotic
By Gallardoguy1

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

Have owned every brand of exotic car available. Many are more expensive than Gallardo, but I have never experienced a car that was so much fun to drive and so responsive! Acceleration figures in the press must be off. Gallardo definitely out accelerates anything in it's class. Heard all wheel drive gave the car a strange feel. To the contrary, it makes the car more stable and able to handle turns far better. Put approximately 1500 miles on the car in less than a month, including track time, driving to grocery store, to dinner, and anywhere else I find excuse to drive it. First exotic I am comfortable using as every day car! German quality, Italian style - unbeatable combination!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is spectacular. The car gets more looks than any Aston or other sub $300K exotics. The all wheel drive is amazing on wet roads, I even drove it today in a light snow! The in-dash 6 disc cd changer is superior to anything I've experienced on any Mercedes, Aston, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would suggest is to do a convertible and to up the horsepower. I understand Lamborghini is already doing both!

Don't buy a Ferrari
By Tifoso

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

This vehicle is an awesome driving experience everyday in all traffic conditions. It has so much more power and responsive handling characteristics over a 360 or 430 Ferrari. The car is a wonderfully reliable every day driver. Rear vision is a minor problem when backing up, but is easily fixed with a rear camera installation. It outperforms every Ferrari I have ever owned and has spent NO TIME in the shop other than for regular scheduled service. It is a BLAST!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

The interior is comfortable for long 3 hour plus journeys. Acceleration is incredible. Cornering is unbelievably fast due to the all wheel drive system. It has the finest brakes with no fade after hours of hot running.

Suggested Improvements

The wheels are a real bite to clean.

My car of my dreams
By alex allan

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

When driving this car there is not another thing you can think about apart from pure driving pleasure. If you have got the money to afford a car like this there is not anything to compare it with. If you want a pure sports car with pure power, this is the one you are looking for. The lamborghini gallardo is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Suggested Improvements

The sound

A Beautiful Execution
By Giovanni

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. In the past, I have owned and driven many cars, but it had always been my dream to own a Lamborghini, and now I can drive it. Incredible handling, tight steering, and the interior is as nice as any other car Audi has built- not something you see very often in a car of this prestige. No doubt, it's an expensive toy, but for a car enthusiast it is easily worth it, even if you are concerned you can't afford it. The design is beautiful... the trasmission is perfect... honestly, there is nothing else like it.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior, surprisingly luxurious interior for a Lamborghini, great handling, E-gear auto-clutch, superb V-10 engine, Audi build quality

Suggested Improvements

Bad gas mileage, very low visibility (easily fixed with rearview camera), not very affordable.