2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Consumer Review: Supercar

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.0L V10 AWD 6-speed Manual)

Supercar
By recon40 on

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

My car had 6800 miles on it when I took delivery. It was a one-owner car. I've yet to put a thousand miles on it but I already know what I like and dislike. Hitting bumps and even road seams is like being inside a drum, and it feels like there are no springs or shocks whatsoever. Also, in slow, tight turns such as in parking or turning into and out of my garage or driveway, the car makes a grinding noise and actually shudders. It feels horrible --like the transmission is going to fall out, yet everyone -- dealers and other owners -- say that all Gallardos do that. It's hard to believe a car of this quality can have such a worrisome, annoying characteristic.

Favorite Features

The looks an performance of the car are both incredible and more than make up for the complaints voiced above. So far I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. As for reliability, I checked "8" but haven't driven it enough to have any basis for comment. So far no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the horrible sound and feel of the steering when in slow, tight turns such as parking, etc.