Used 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 AWD 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

An excellent machine!
By Exotic driver

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

This has been the best handling car I've ever driven. It is amazing in corners, in the rain, and on the track. Nothing significant has gone wrong in 10,000 miles except for the A/C. People love to see the car out and always compliment it and ask about it.

Amazing stability in bumpy corners. Great balanced AWD.

The seats are a little firm at first, but I got used to them

Supercar
By recon40

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

My car had 6800 miles on it when I took delivery. It was a one-owner car. I've yet to put a thousand miles on it but I already know what I like and dislike. Hitting bumps and even road seams is like being inside a drum, and it feels like there are no springs or shocks whatsoever. Also, in slow, tight turns such as in parking or turning into and out of my garage or driveway, the car makes a grinding noise and actually shudders. It feels horrible --like the transmission is going to fall out, yet everyone -- dealers and other owners -- say that all Gallardos do that. It's hard to believe a car of this quality can have such a worrisome, annoying characteristic.

The looks an performance of the car are both incredible and more than make up for the complaints voiced above. So far I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. As for reliability, I checked "8" but haven't driven it enough to have any basis for comment. So far no problems.

Fix the horrible sound and feel of the steering when in slow, tight turns such as parking, etc.

Best Car ever
By David Cabrera

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

The Lamborghini Gallardo is about the best car Lamborghini designed. It's performance is great and I love the 0-60 mph and topspeed that this baby could achieve. For the price of this Lambo I think it's just right compared to the Ferrari 360. I like its sleek lines .

I love the comfort of the two seater and the designs of the lights. Also I love the power yof the engine and how the car hugs the road.

I would like a convertible, and for how the doors open to be likethat of the Murcielago. The car would also be better in a F1 gear box .

Value for money
By Mr. Q

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

If you are looking for great value for money then look no further. The surefootedness of AWD coupled with side & head airbags makes this a safe year-round supercar. Not quite as refined as a Porsche Turbo or on par with the superb handling, sound, excitement and outright dazzling performance of the 360 CS, this still is a quite capable machine for all four seasons.

E-Gear is a little bit smoother than on the Ferrari, the brakes are phenominal and great overall visibility even for such a (relatively) wide car. Giallo Orion paint coupled with black HRE's is a quite stunning combo.

Seats are still spine jarring on semi-rough roads, less understeer, quicker steering rack, less weight, better sounding stock exhaust.

Lamborghini Gallardo
By Patrick08

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 6M)

This is one Lamborghini's finnest cars yet! I, myself am a Lamborghini collector, and love this new sporty Gallardo! It may not be as fast or as expensive as the Murcielago but is still one of the best cars around. You might compare this to a Ferrari 360 or a Porsche 911! It is deffinatley up in the rankings! Trust me... you will not be disapointed with this new Bull!

I also think my favorite feature with this car is the F1 race style paddle shifters! the great and they are also fun to use!

I have no suggested improvements for this car.