2015 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

poor brakes
By Lucy Shorey

7300 miles and
total front brake Failure
And the dealership was not helpful
Wanted over 300.00 dollars ,maybe 2 and 1/2 hours wait time

My mechanic did it in 45 minutes for $200.00
What a rip off

We called customer service and NO ONE HAD The Common courtesy to call back

Sportage Lover
By Marya

2015 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

One of Top 3 on compact SUV segment!
By Juan Haeckermann

2015 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Sportage is one of the best vehicles I have been on. My favorite thing about our rental Sportage is how a lower trim could totally pass for a mid-trim level. Things that make that true are: LED-turn signal mirrors, alloy wheels with silver/gray accents, UVO with parking minder, Bluetooth, Curfew set, and many more. Driving the Sportage is great due to the 2.4L GDI 4-cylinder that produces 182 horsepower, this SUV accelerates like it has a 3.5L V6, so WOW. On the fist day with the Sportage we had to travel to Seattle, which is 1 hour away from Olympia, WA. The ride was so comfortable that it felt like we only drove for 15 minutes. In IKEA Seattle we had to get a desk as my cousin's christmas gift, a large, flat box easily slid through the tailgate. My aunt has a Toyota RAV4 XLE that I compared to the Sportage, and the Sportage has some great advantages. Only one thing I don't like that the Sportage has, is the Poor small overlap rating by the IIHS. If you are interested in a compact utility, definitely recommend to consider the Sportage or even a Toyota RAV4.

Not too bad, but not good enough
By ally

2015 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This SUV is really reliable for fuel economy. Holds up to 5 peoole. But only 4 comfortably. The thing I absolutely hate about this SUV is the seats. Although they are good material, they're awfully and painfully uncomfortable. An hour ride seems like an eternity in this seats. We have a 2 1/2 year old and he already seems to not have enough leg space. I can't recline my seat even a little and I'm not a fan of putting the car seat in the middle back seat. I really really hate it.. other than that... I like the fuel economy and not a bad trunk. Good thing we're on a lease. Can't wait to get rid of it!

awesome suv
By todd

2015 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been doing research on cars and suvs for the last 3 months while waiting for my settlement..test drove a few and after reading reviews and watching countless videos on utube from consumers and so called car experts i bought my kia sportage lx fwd used with 20000 miles on it and love this little suv..i looked at hyundai chevy ford mazda honda toyota nissan dodge mitsubishi and kia..i bought this one cheaper than all the rest and the warranty is 5yr 60k miles since its used which is still longer than the rest except hyundai is the same used..anyway i just took it out on vacation to ca. and it was raining windy and cold and it handled great..it went 1886 miles from tulsa to n.cal for 133 bucks which averaged between 26 and 33 mpg..thats going 70-80 mph on average..coming back i went to the coast down through san francisco down to los angeles up to las vegas and back home..averaged little better mpg at 27-33...overall average mpg was 29.7 mpg which is pretty good considering i drive the flow of traffic which at times was 85mph..plus out west there gas is 86 octane rating for regular unleaded..anyway the ride is no different than any other suv ive had..the noise is the same..road feel was the same and this sportage has electric assist steering which is a first for me and its different but it didnt take long to get used to..cornering was pretty good..wet traction was good..some reviews said traction and steering was bad well i didnt have any problems through the rainy wet roads i was still going 65 in a 70 mph speed limit..you should go slower when driving in rain anyway..power was ok..hey its a 4 cyl..not a v8...if you want power go buy a viper or corvette..or even a car with a v6...power was just fine for a 4cyl going through the mountains...anyway i think this suv for the price and looks should be in the top 3..i paid 18000 out the door for mine and for the money im very very happy with my decision to get this kia over all the other suvs i looked at...