Worse vehicle ever purchased so I traded it in
By applegator on
2013 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
The vehicle did not get stated MPG. 1 week after I bought my Kia I learned Kia/Hyundai had overstated the MPG on several models and the Sportage was 1 of them. I also learned in 2002 Kia/Hyundai had a class action lawsuit against them 4 overstating horsepower on several of their vehicles which eroded my confidence in Kia. I read numerous reviews of buyers complaining their warranty was not honored so I decided all things considered Kia was not a manufacturer I felt I could trust. What good is a great warranty if a buyer cannot be sure it will be honored? Seats uncomfortable, ride bumpy, poor visibility out rear, poor mileage so I traded it in 4 a Toyota.
Favorite Features
Pretty to look at, panoramic sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
Better visability out rear, make leather seats more comfortable, make ride less bumpy, improve gas mileage, honor warranty. Be honest with consumers to improve Kia's image and consumer confidence.
By seekztruth
on 10/09/14 23:03 PM (PDT)

Can't help but chime in here. I believe Kia needs the benefit of the doubt, and someone with contrasting viewpoint. I understand the displeasure; the 2007 CX9 I leased was rated 18/24, but was getting only 15.5 in early months (later getting past 16, barely), and struggled to get close to 22 hwy. They have not improved much. However, Kia has made a huge outreach to make it right with buyers. On a positive note - I justed rented a 2014 Sportage LX AWD for a 600 mi trip a week ago. It is only rated 26 hwy, but from Vegas to LA I got 27.2 (very hilly terrain), with speeds in excessive of 80. This tells me - that at 70 or less I would have seen 30 mpg or close to it, and that's for an AWD model. I was thoroughly impressed with the vehicle, more than any of the 6 others rented in recent years. It was the most QUIET vehicle I have driven in this century (for sure), and aside from the ones I've rented, I've owned 9 new vehicles from 2000 to 2014. The Sportage rode very well, and got up challenging hills very well also. The engine was a smooth, silent dream. Plus the seats were comfortable, and the only vehicle I've been able to drive in recent years that did not aggravate my Sciatica (during the entire trip). I had checked out 2013 Sportage (in showrooms) with leather seats, and found them far too uncomfortable for me. But, it seems Kia has come a long ways in the last year or so - with a car that is quiet, smooth, and comfortable. Also, my 2013 Kia Optima turbo was rated 22/34; I got 33 on the first trip to LA (240mi), and usually averaged 24 in mixed driving. Looking at history, my 2003 Kia Sedona was rated 15/20, but I could easily get 23 hwy and 18 in mixed driving. The CX9 could never come close to that. Pretty much all manufacturers have been well off in these EPA estimates - EXCEPT for Toyota and Honda (in my experience). This may be a long narative, but with my history, I have much to say about vehicles. Here are the 9 I've owned this century: 2000 Odyssey, 2002 Galant, 2003 Sedona, 2005 Galant, 2007 CX9, 2007 Accord 4cyl, 2010 Venza, 2013 Optima, 2013 Crosstour. I never buy a car without taking it home overnight, and giving it a fair test run.