2013 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Fun driving but seats are awful
By latteaddict on 02/03/13 11:22 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I waited for about a month to pass so I can review it better. We tried Ford Escape, Mitsubishi Outlander, Subaru CrossTrek - and finally given Sportage a shot since they updated their MPG ratings. (FYI, Kia has been sued and EPA made them update their MPG on the stickers.) Styling is great; it's designed by Peter Schreyer, brains behind Audi fame. I owned Audi and I find lot of cosmetic similarities. Performance is acceptable, does well in corners. No interior noise, like in some other 20K cars. I'm getting average 26MPG, with mindful driving. Only thing that peeves me so far is the interior seats are SPARTAN!!l i hate bucket seats period, but these are very firm and uncomfortable.

Good Build, Poor MPG
By smealio on 01/11/13 05:53 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I hope anyone considering this car takes 3 minutes to read this. I traded in a 2005 honda pilot that was literally running on dollar bills for this 2013 Sportage EX on both the sticker and dealership's notion that the MPG rating was true to form in our terrain. A week into ownership I was only logging 18mpg on hwy. I called it in and they said let it break in at 5k miles. I continued to log complaints to be heard and at 5k miles on my 50 mile, 80% hwy 20% rural (Pennsylvania) commute i logged 19mpg. I did a controlled fuel test with the same result. Kia issued their mpg program but it's pennies. This is a terrible vehicle performance wise and is extremely overrated...take heed.

2013 Kia Sportage
By darda71 on 01/07/13 07:47 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looking suv, great options standard..Remote start from factoring was a nice surprise, The UVO system is a nice feature, Ride is a little stiff but not horrible, but cornering is excellent.

Fun Family Car
By busyvegetarian on 01/02/13 07:14 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

All in all, a fun family car. Looks very cool for a mom lots of room for the family safe handles well smooth ride reliable and economical

Worse vehicle ever purchased so I traded it in
By applegator on 12/05/12 13:11 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle did not get stated MPG. 1 week after I bought my Kia I learned Kia/Hyundai had overstated the MPG on several models and the Sportage was 1 of them. I also learned in 2002 Kia/Hyundai had a class action lawsuit against them 4 overstating horsepower on several of their vehicles which eroded my confidence in Kia. I read numerous reviews of buyers complaining their warranty was not honored so I decided all things considered Kia was not a manufacturer I felt I could trust. What good is a great warranty if a buyer cannot be sure it will be honored? Seats uncomfortable, ride bumpy, poor visibility out rear, poor mileage so I traded it in 4 a Toyota.

2013 Kia Sportage
By luv2golfnski on 10/08/12 14:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great little SUV. Fun and easy to drive and at a price that is very easy on the pocket book. Love the color selection, we picked "SeaHawk Blue" and couldnt be happier

2013 Sportage rear end
By rottensox on 09/20/12 21:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In my later posts, I described the problem with the rear differential leaking. The dealer replaced the differential twice. In the end, they put a totally different differential in. Judging by the date stamp on the casting, it was manufactured in 2010. So far, it seems to be working fine and there's no evidence of a leak. However, it did take them two weeks to fix it. They gave me a free cargo mat for the inconvenience. Big deal. I think, given the profit margin on the sale, they could have done MUCH better.

Kia Sportage... hard to go wrong with this one...
By mikekia on 08/27/12 17:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Kia Sportage 2013 ex awd is a real masterpiece for the value. What I got, for mid-20's price, is an awd vechicle with a lockable differential (not avail w/CR-V or CX-5), along with 176HP and 6 speeds (not avail w/RAV-4), along with a boatload of extras. And nice extras like: satellite radio, back-up camera, cooling glove box (for soda's), all weather mats, cargo storage cover, roof rails, on-board juke box (uvo), led lights, and much more. And if you're worried about craftsmenship, don't - because it's got a 10year, 100,000mile drivetrain warranty. Add to that the mileage I get, on ave 25mpg, and the sporty feel, and nice ride - it's a winner in my book. Yeah!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Sportage Suv in VA is:

$163 per month*