Used 2013 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

not sure about this car
By vk2193

2013 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

terrrible mileage i have 2.0 turbo sportage. i only have 600km on it but the fuel consumption is huge, around 13 Liters per 100 km (around 18mpg). It says on the manual that there is a break in period of 5000 km, but i have big doubts that the fuel economy will improve. not sure if i recommend this car to anyone

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy

I would buy it all over again
By brookea

2013 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Kia has a great warranty first and foremost. This car is stylish and convenient. For being an SUV it can make pretty sharp turns. It is spacious yet not monstrous. I am averaging about 27-29 highway and 22-23 in the city. I like the convenience of there being AC vents in the middle around the knee area so the back seat stays cool as well. It gets up and goes yet runs very quietly and smooth.

Favorite Features

I love how spacious the kia sportage is for being a smaller SUV there is still plenty of leg room. I really like the appearance from the outside as well as the inside. From the sporty look on the outside to the cup holders that light up at night.

Suggested Improvements

Stop letting so many haters buy these cars. ;]

Fun driving but seats are awful
By latteaddict

2013 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I waited for about a month to pass so I can review it better. We tried Ford Escape, Mitsubishi Outlander, Subaru CrossTrek - and finally given Sportage a shot since they updated their MPG ratings. (FYI, Kia has been sued and EPA made them update their MPG on the stickers.) Styling is great; it's designed by Peter Schreyer, brains behind Audi fame. I owned Audi and I find lot of cosmetic similarities. Performance is acceptable, does well in corners. No interior noise, like in some other 20K cars. I'm getting average 26MPG, with mindful driving. Only thing that peeves me so far is the interior seats are SPARTAN!!l i hate bucket seats period, but these are very firm and uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

exterior styling, driving dynamics, MPG is ok (regular gas), form factor (small when you need to park, but has plenty of space in the back if you need it)

Suggested Improvements

Please please please update the interior seats!!! I'm seriously considering replacing these. We just spent 600miles driving and I was literally in pain in the shoulder area. and no, this was never the case in my MDX.

Good Build, Poor MPG
By smealio

2013 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I hope anyone considering this car takes 3 minutes to read this. I traded in a 2005 honda pilot that was literally running on dollar bills for this 2013 Sportage EX on both the sticker and dealership's notion that the MPG rating was true to form in our terrain. A week into ownership I was only logging 18mpg on hwy. I called it in and they said let it break in at 5k miles. I continued to log complaints to be heard and at 5k miles on my 50 mile, 80% hwy 20% rural (Pennsylvania) commute i logged 19mpg. I did a controlled fuel test with the same result. Kia issued their mpg program but it's pennies. This is a terrible vehicle performance wise and is extremely overrated...take heed.

Favorite Features

UVO is pretty awesome though a little buggy. Exterior design is great. Fun to drive, but very frustrating to own.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is absolutely overrated by AT LEAST 5 mpg. Either test the car in all conditions before publishing rating or take into consideration. Most buyers look to MPG first in this economy and it's a terrible practice to overstate MPG to attract buyers. Performance, performance, performance....leaves much to be desired. Their 5 year warranty makes a statement about their quality i have come to determine. It's a bit uncomfortable and storage and drive space is tight. There are many other cars out there that fit the bill if you are looking for a efficient crossover. Not economical in the least bit.

2013 Kia Sportage
By darda71

2013 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looking suv, great options standard..Remote start from factoring was a nice surprise, The UVO system is a nice feature, Ride is a little stiff but not horrible, but cornering is excellent.

Favorite Features

Remote start, awd, UVO

Suggested Improvements

Softer Ride