SX.. you won't regret it.
By chazweez on
2012 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I waited months for the 2012 model to come out because I didn't qualify for any of the rebates that the 2011 model was offering. Ended up buying a 2012 mineral gray AWD SX for $29,900 (not including taxes). The MSRP was 31,800. So they came down about $2000 off the MSRP. The oddest part of the day was when the east coast earthquake struck while I was signing for the car. I looked up to the sales guy and said "that's probably not a good sign". LOL. The car's been great so far... my only gripe is the reflection off the window. The front window is at such an angle that you always see the reflection of the dash on sunny days. Super annoying. Other than that, it's an awesome car.
Favorite Features
The 260 hp engine and the UVO system. When you think about it, you only need to spend about $3000 more from an EX to get the almost 100 more horse power in an SX. Splurge for the turbo engine and you'll be happy you did it in the long run. Also the exterior styling on the Sportage is hands down the best on the market. Way to go Peter Schreyer!
Suggested Improvements
Side visibility is hindered by the c-pillars. There has to be a way to make them a bit smaller. Reflection in front window is pretty annoying on sunny days.