Great Vehicle Minor Setbacks
By haughwouts on
2012 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased this vehicle 10/18/11 for my wife because we are expecting and wanted a safer SUV than her previous compact car. The features/price is great! The ride is very stiff, but we were expecting that going in. I personally think that the pickup is really good considering that it is a 4cyl. We have had some problems though, the brake light switch needed to be replaced because vehicle wasn't shifting out of park every time. I think this is a common problem. Also the transmission jerks at very random times. I think that this is a very isolated incident. I still give it 4 1/2 stars, the problems IMO were isolated, I don't think that these problems exist with other Sportage owners.
Favorite Features
The standard bluetooth compatibility is a wonderful feature, we use it 90% of the time for streaming music from Pandora radio. The safety ratings are 5 star. Very nice interior, doesn't look cheap like other models in it's price range. Exterior is very stylish. The electronic steering is a nice feature. Overall nice drive.
Suggested Improvements
It would have been nice to add some things that I felt should have been standard such as a cargo cover and automatic head lights.