Fun with Turbo
By christophg on
2012 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The car is actually faster then I expected. The Turbo must work wonders with the little 2.0 liter. Even at 80 MPH, it still has some room to go. I have the Navigation option which I think is overpriced & would probably be better off with just using my iPhone. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected but it never is & I drive it pretty aggressively. It seems to have more road noise than some of its competitors & this was supposed to be improved on this model year.
Favorite Features
The air conditioned seats are a nice bonus. I also like the resemblance of the Audi on the front LED running lights. The LED lighting on the interior is pretty cool as well. The fast pick up of such a small, fuel effiecient car makes it fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest complaint is with the shades for the sunroofs. When I hit the switch to open the sunroof, the shade does not open with it. I have never had a car that it didn't open with it. The roof could be open when parked & not even know it until the rains come. The shades are also very thin & cheap. When the front sunroof is open & I'm driving down a highway, the rear shade flaps in the wind so bad & loud that I have to close the sunroof. The front shade also will gradually slide forward on its own to about 2/3rd closed position. Kia please do a recall on this! Road noise is pretty bad & needs more improvement.