Good Car
By rykdo on
2012 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Good basic car with excellent syling. Real 25 MPG on the highway. Has everything you want and lots less expensive than non-Kia. The not-so wonderful is that two adults with golf clubs, luggage for 10 days, and a dog in a crate was crowded. Also the steering is very quick which is nice around town but wears on you after the first 500-1000 miles on a trip. I do not relax on the highway. This is not a road racer. The 4 cylinder works fine and has enough to get you on the freeway without issue but the whine of the engine lets you know it.
Favorite Features
Styling is the best thing about this car. Everything else is good or better. Some just good within the context of what it is....an inexpensive really small SUV that can get you there and back. As long as you consider this within what it is supposed to be and don't compare it to a BMW or Lexus, the car is really good. This is not a sports car. Don't expect it to perform like one. Its on par with my old Civic, except for the gas mileage and it really does look good. I'm very much impressed with the door fit and the ease of folding the seats.
Suggested Improvements
I may replace the sterio speakers. Wish I had the upgrade. There is an "almost" blind spot you have to check to make sure you don't change lanes into someone. But that is resolved by "looking" really good and not just glancing in the mirrors. Giving it more power would require a handling refit. Everything works well together as is. I will take our other car on road trips over 200 miles.