Used 2012 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Good overall, but has visibility issues
By ehm1217

2012 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned the 2012 Kia Sportage LX FWD for little over two months and about 2,500 miles. So far no mechanical complaints. Performance, ride and mileage is what was expected. Audio and Bluetooth functions work fine. My one complaint concerns reflective issues with the windshield. In direct light the dashboard reflects up into the windshield causing visibility issues. A cut out in the dash over the steering column reflects directly in the driverís line of site. The reflection worsens in some lighting conditions but is pretty much always there Ė even on cloudy days. If I could get a clear view through the windshield Iíd be totally satisfied.

Decent gas mileage. Easy to maneuver and park in tight spots. Comfortable for this class of car.

Fix problematic reflective issues with the windshield.

2013 Kia Sportage AWD
By rottensox

2012 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In my earlier post I described the problem with the differential. The dealer replaced it with a unit from California. When they test drove it, it didn't sound right so they are now replacing that unit with a new unit from Washington. By the time they do that, they will have had the vehicle longer than I have. Anyone considering buying a new 2013 Sportage should get down and inspect the rear end for any signs of a fluid leak prior to purchasing it.

Fun Fun Fun
By gwengweed

2012 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am loving this car. I got the EX Turbo loaded up model and really enjoy it for hauling around my kids. It is sporty, has get up and go and is comfortable to drive. I am a short person and often struggle with some cars as I am hugging the steering wheel but not on this one. It is comfortable! I was looking for "a smaller SUV that is zippy and loaded" when I got my new car and it sure is all of the above. :) I had a Rav 4 prior that I also enjoyed, but this one really blows it out of the water for the price and what you get.

Turbo, Leather, cooled drivers seat.

Not crazy about the design of the back end but it still works.

Kia Sportage KX-3 SatNav auto awd , poor fuel consumption
By pgw2811

2012 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

July 2012 .. I have just returned a Kia Sportage KX-3 SatNav automatic awd 2 litre diesel after not being able to get more than 30mpg with it , driving it at 70mph and 2000 revs on a more less flat smooth road . Kia advertise 47.9 mpg extra urban with the car I had with the 18 inch wheels , obviously this figure would be at 60 mph , even at that speed I still only got a fraction over 30 mpg . With this I phoned Kia customer service and spoke to someone who said his name was J V or J G , after explaining everything , I have never had such a not interested attitude in my life after buying a £25000 vehicle . After saying , I would like to get an honest opinion please on a very poor fuel consumption that I am getting with the Kia Sportage that I have just paid £24,995 for and certainly not happy with the fuel consumption . All I got at the end was take it back to the Kia dealer ...I did that and got just the same not interested attitude , we are too busy to look at it , it will be 6 weeks before we can look at it , then send a technical report to Kia , then we maybe get the response back from them in a couple of weeks or so . With that , I had , had enough and quoted sale of goods act 1979 , that it does not do what you advertise and I want my car back that I traded in . Whether I got my car back because they had not sold it or because I quoted the sale of goods act or they were going to get more profit out of me , I donít know which , but I was glad to get rid of that diesel guzzler . I certainly will not be buying anything with a Kia name on it again as there after sales customer interest is zero .

Everything in the review above

More truth on what the fuel consumption actually is from Kia would help for a start , then a better customer after sales service with a bit of interest in with it as well .

2013 Kia Sportage LX AWD
By rottensox

2012 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a brand new Sportage a few weeks ago. It had less than 400 miles on it from the dealer driving it from a different state. At 800 miles I noticed the rear differential leaking fluid. I took it back to the dealer and they are currently replacing the differential. I hope this doesn't represent the overall quality of the car as I paid over $20,000 for it.

Small AWD vehicle that gets an average 26 m.p.g.

Improve quality!!! Build it in the U.S.