2012 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2012 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Great Vehicle Minor Setbacks
By haughwouts on 11/08/11 10:21 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle 10/18/11 for my wife because we are expecting and wanted a safer SUV than her previous compact car. The features/price is great! The ride is very stiff, but we were expecting that going in. I personally think that the pickup is really good considering that it is a 4cyl. We have had some problems though, the brake light switch needed to be replaced because vehicle wasn't shifting out of park every time. I think this is a common problem. Also the transmission jerks at very random times. I think that this is a very isolated incident. I still give it 4 1/2 stars, the problems IMO were isolated, I don't think that these problems exist with other Sportage owners.

Took a little getting used to but really happy
By igibbons on 11/07/11 19:50 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 14 years of driving small hatchback cars, I made the leap into a compact SUV. I'm a long time Hyundai owner and they never failed me, so I credited Kia with the same reliability. The interior of the sportage looks classy and sleek, even at the base model. I have the 6 speed manual and the pickup is great, you do have to hit 4-5000 rpms for max power but its got some kick. The cargo space fits my surfboard and bike so I'm set. I just had to get used to "more car" and less visibility...but now that I'm comfortable I really like it. I average 23 mph in city driving. I would recommend it to a friend hands down. Did I mention its pretty fast as well.

Just What I Wanted
By sakenstein on 11/04/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my Infiniti G37x (which I loved) for the Sportage primarily because the Infiniti was too fast for my soon-to-be-driving son. The gas mileage is not as good as I expected. In the first few hundred miles (I have 2500 now), I was getting about 25 mpg combined. That has since been averaging about 20-21 which is still better than the G37x. As for the price, I don't think there's a better value for what you get: AWD, Uvo system, nice cloth seats, backup camera. Drove the Mitsu Outlander Sport and Tucson, but the Mitsu 140hp was anemic and like the looks of Sportage better than Tuscon. Also, the Sportage's ride is not stiff, it's downright harsh, but I knew that going in. Great value.

Car Purchase Review
By larissajoyce77 on 10/25/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently just bought a 2012 Kia Sportage from the Santa Ana Kia and Suzuki Depot. Overall I had a positive experience at the dealership I would like to thank Kimberly Ramirez for meeting all my needs and any questions I had regarding my purchase and car. I absolutely love this car, its so easy to drive and convenient for my family and I.

2012 Sportage EX (4,500 miles)
By carguy34945 on 10/09/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like most all aspects of the Sportage except the steering. I have to constantly fight the steering because it is too sensitive. A little correction results in a correction back and so on. This makes driving very tiresome! It is especially bad in any cross wind. My highway MPG is 28-30.

Save the manuals! 2012 fwd manual
By tnmtnsmike on 10/08/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2012 base FWD manual and could not be happier. I wanted the function of a suv with the driving dynamics of a car and didn't want/need to spend a fortune. I also wanted to row the gears myself. After comparisons of all vehicles that met my criteria, I decided on the sportage because of value, comfort, room, and the fun to drive factor. Plenty of storage, plenty of power - great standard features. I have 3000 miles and am very happy with comfort (i'm 6'3), mileage (avg 27 mixed driving) and the fact that i'm always asked about it when i'm out and about. So far, I have no complaints.

SX.. you won't regret it.
By chazweez on 08/30/11 16:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I waited months for the 2012 model to come out because I didn't qualify for any of the rebates that the 2011 model was offering. Ended up buying a 2012 mineral gray AWD SX for $29,900 (not including taxes). The MSRP was 31,800. So they came down about $2000 off the MSRP. The oddest part of the day was when the east coast earthquake struck while I was signing for the car. I looked up to the sales guy and said "that's probably not a good sign". LOL. The car's been great so far... my only gripe is the reflection off the window. The front window is at such an angle that you always see the reflection of the dash on sunny days. Super annoying. Other than that, it's an awesome car.