2012 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: 20,000 Miles and Going

2012 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

20,000 Miles and Going
By buffalotom on

2012 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a 2012 SX, it's quick, but seats and handling have much room for improvement. I think the stock 18 inch tires have too high a side wall, tires bounce like a basket ball. Car now has 20K miles, the turbo is cutting in and out, usually upon motor start it sometimes doesn't work, and when restarted thereafter it works again. Shop (Robin w/Transitowne KIA in Buffalo NY Area) looked it over, says it's b/c I had it in FWD lock, which makes no sense. Since I've kept is out of FWD lock, still acting up. When the restart trick stops working I'll take it back in.

Power (when the turbo is working). FWD. Handles heavy cargo well (18 bags of 1.5 cft bags of mulch or 10 boxes of floor tile no problem) not bad for a SUV. Removable floor mat in rear cargo area eases cleanup and traps liguid spills. Can store and trasport up to 4 beer growlers in spare tire area - ready for refills all the time.

Change tire height- causes too much bounce, tune up the suspension - it's stiff enough just isn't tuned at all. make the seat bottoms wider I'm 6ft 220 lbs and my left leg hangs off the side of the seat. The front door A pillars together w/ mirror create big blind spots when looking left and right coming to or while at intersections.