2012 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: 1 year in

2012 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

1 year in
By daw3 on

2012 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well it's been 1 year since taking owenership of the Sportage and I will admit no issues, except fuel ratings, lack of power for passing. Overall I'm staisfied with the car, but again I feel somethings are lacking. I've been reading all the reviews from owners and I must agree with some, but for the money where are you going to get such a fun car to drive. Honda, Toyota, Subrau are all over priced with the standard equipment you get with the Sportage. I'm retired now but there was just something about the car, and I wasn't ready for a cookie cutter Nissan or Buick. I purchase a flat black mat for the dashboard since there really is a bad glare from the sun that just hits you right in the eye

Ease of driving, not too fuel eco, nothing like the sticker said. Good forward vision. and very easy to read and reach controls. Where else are going to get bluetooth connection as base issue. Driver's seat is comfortable not great, but ohkay. Again no real issues with the car.

Better interior hard plastic and monotone color boring. Better rear visability, C post really makes for a bad blind sport. Side mirros are poor can't really judge well and I use them more then the interior mirror that I think is set too low to see out the back. I looked at other sportages and they all seem to be the same. I'm guessing they were set for small people. Sorry about that just my thoughts. I'm not very happy about the fuel mileage got better with the Subrau.