2012 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Fun with Turbo
By christophg on 07/25/12 11:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The car is actually faster then I expected. The Turbo must work wonders with the little 2.0 liter. Even at 80 MPH, it still has some room to go. I have the Navigation option which I think is overpriced & would probably be better off with just using my iPhone. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected but it never is & I drive it pretty aggressively. It seems to have more road noise than some of its competitors & this was supposed to be improved on this model year.

800 miles and a cross-Florida trip in, great car
By mattitude on 12/27/11 06:07 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up a Signal Red Sportage SX w/ premium package 5 days ago, and the next day took it on a 450 mile trip for the holidays. Vehicle is great overall. We cross-shopped the SX with every single competitor, and found this to be the best value and most exciting vehicle. The second choice would have been a RAv4 but it was exceedingly boring. We're big fans of the UVO system. I had read complaints about system speed on 2011 models - I'm not sure if they updated the hardware, software, or both, but in our experience so far it's been very speedy. Bluetooth works wonderfully and the radio does everything we want it to. Out of space but word of advice - don't get the NAV, stick with the UVO base.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Sportage Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*