2012 Kia Sportage SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Took a little getting used to but really happy
By igibbons on 11/07/11 19:50 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 14 years of driving small hatchback cars, I made the leap into a compact SUV. I'm a long time Hyundai owner and they never failed me, so I credited Kia with the same reliability. The interior of the sportage looks classy and sleek, even at the base model. I have the 6 speed manual and the pickup is great, you do have to hit 4-5000 rpms for max power but its got some kick. The cargo space fits my surfboard and bike so I'm set. I just had to get used to "more car" and less visibility...but now that I'm comfortable I really like it. I average 23 mph in city driving. I would recommend it to a friend hands down. Did I mention its pretty fast as well.

Save the manuals! 2012 fwd manual
By tnmtnsmike on 10/08/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sportage SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2012 base FWD manual and could not be happier. I wanted the function of a suv with the driving dynamics of a car and didn't want/need to spend a fortune. I also wanted to row the gears myself. After comparisons of all vehicles that met my criteria, I decided on the sportage because of value, comfort, room, and the fun to drive factor. Plenty of storage, plenty of power - great standard features. I have 3000 miles and am very happy with comfort (i'm 6'3), mileage (avg 27 mixed driving) and the fact that i'm always asked about it when i'm out and about. So far, I have no complaints.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Sportage Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*