Used 2012 Kia Sportage SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Fun with Turbo
By christophg

2012 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The car is actually faster then I expected. The Turbo must work wonders with the little 2.0 liter. Even at 80 MPH, it still has some room to go. I have the Navigation option which I think is overpriced & would probably be better off with just using my iPhone. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected but it never is & I drive it pretty aggressively. It seems to have more road noise than some of its competitors & this was supposed to be improved on this model year.

The air conditioned seats are a nice bonus. I also like the resemblance of the Audi on the front LED running lights. The LED lighting on the interior is pretty cool as well. The fast pick up of such a small, fuel effiecient car makes it fun to drive.

My biggest complaint is with the shades for the sunroofs. When I hit the switch to open the sunroof, the shade does not open with it. I have never had a car that it didn't open with it. The roof could be open when parked & not even know it until the rains come. The shades are also very thin & cheap. When the front sunroof is open & I'm driving down a highway, the rear shade flaps in the wind so bad & loud that I have to close the sunroof. The front shade also will gradually slide forward on its own to about 2/3rd closed position. Kia please do a recall on this! Road noise is pretty bad & needs more improvement.

800 miles and a cross-Florida trip in, great car
By mattitude

2012 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up a Signal Red Sportage SX w/ premium package 5 days ago, and the next day took it on a 450 mile trip for the holidays. Vehicle is great overall. We cross-shopped the SX with every single competitor, and found this to be the best value and most exciting vehicle. The second choice would have been a RAv4 but it was exceedingly boring. We're big fans of the UVO system. I had read complaints about system speed on 2011 models - I'm not sure if they updated the hardware, software, or both, but in our experience so far it's been very speedy. Bluetooth works wonderfully and the radio does everything we want it to. Out of space but word of advice - don't get the NAV, stick with the UVO base.

Tons of features that were well thought out and driver-focused, quiet, beautiful sunroof/moonroof, comfortable seats, smooth transmission, effective traction control which handles, 10/100 warranty for a turbo, interior space, LED daytime running lights, UVO system, cooled glove box for storing drinks on trips.

Limited sound adjustment options on radio, accelerator design (floor mounted) reduces resting space for feet while cruising, lighting package is neat but overpriced by $100, telescoping steering wheel would go a long way.