2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Sportage love

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

2011 Kia Sportage

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Sportage love
By DMillinois on

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was drawn to the 2011 Sportage because of its looks. The car's steering is touchy, but was easy to get comfortable with. The Sportage replaced my 99 Jeep Cherokee and feels roomier than the jeep, though I'm pretty sure it's smaller. The Sportage looks good, drives smooth and had more basic features than other cars I had checked out. I went for the EX model because I am vain and really wanted the big shiny rims, and also fog lights. The model with the navigation screen and panoramic roof looks amazing, but is too much to pay for a Kia. I went the last day of the month and was able to get the car at dealer cost. I'd suggest everyone do the same for whatever car you are looking to buy.

Fuel efficiency: The first trip I got 36 mpg. Steering: The turning radius is really good. Parallel parking is no problem despite small back windows. Headlights look cool, make nighttime driving easy. Comfort control is great. Kia looks more expensive than it really is. Back seat super roomy.

There is an annoying hum if only the back windows are down. It would be nice to have an all-windows up/down button, not just for the driver's side. A place to put change would have been good too.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review