2011 Kia Sportage SX
By scha on
2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I purchased the Sportage based on the long list of features, engine performance and styling. I regret to say the build quality, reliability and performance have been poor to say the least. This was my first experience with Kia and will be my last. I was really hoping this would be a vehicle I could depend on for years but found out after only two I must replace it or risk becoming stranded and once out of warranty, paying dealer costs for repairs, TSB and recalls. Fuel mileage average during ownership (30,000) = 22.4 MPG (well below advertised) 5 trips to the dealer for warranty repairs in two years, 30,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Auto climate control system.
Suggested Improvements
Build a quality product. ECM issues causing rough idle, turbo waste gate actuator failed in the first 3,400 miles, severe engine rattle at idle, engine pulse at low speeds when cold, blower motor failed with 27,000 miles, turbo failed at 30,000 and another ECM recall. This is all with in two years, 30,000 miles. Hopefully this is isolated to just this Sportage and all of Kia's customers are not dealing with this.