2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Never Again!

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

2011 Kia Sportage

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Never Again!
By slumberbum65 on

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Kia Sportage EX after looking for the right model and getting what I thought was a good price, I had the car for 10 months. This car left me stranded 3 times in 10 months. The first time I was out of town and a "fuse" blew and the car wouldn't start, towed to dealer for repair on a Sunday, took $50 cab ride home 2 weeks later it dropped dead at an intersection, fuse blew again due to bad fuel pump, replace pump after tow to dealer, 3rd time it left me stranded on a dirt road high in the mountains, Kia roadside was no help at all and ignored me, had to use my buddies AAA to get a flatbed, some expensive computer module broke, fixed, promptly traded for 2010 Ford Taurus.

Wheels, headlights, overall style of car, bluetooth turning radius.

QUALITY! first model year, I should have known better, KIA roadside asst was terrible, took forever to get a tow truck when broken down, warranty is great but I didn't plan on using it 3 times in 10 months! over $2000 of towing and repair work done! I think I got a lemon cause other reviews have been positive, I called Kia customer support to complain and got the run around. I planned on owning this car for 5 years and buying another one until all this happened, I love the Ford that I replace the Kia with, it's like night and day. never again will I buy a Kia.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review