2011 Kia Sportage 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - MPG Sticker Lies drastically

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

MPG Sticker Lies drastically
By anubis2012 on

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I liked this SUV but the window sticker MPG is way off! I am a conservitave driver. On paved roads getting 17-22 best, but mostly worse. This AWD is a mountain goat as far as the AWD goes. I only got stuck going up one mining road in NV and it was not able to continue climbing the gravel road without slipping backward and sideways. It was a scary drive backward down a narrow road with a canyon on one side and embankment on the other. It was great in the sandy soil of my NW NV property but didn't quite clear the middle of the pasture roads. I sold it with only 5K because of the MPG being so misrepresented. Sorry to see it go but too much difference in MPG way below sticker. Not nice!

Favorite Features

Interior and Exterior design is so great. Good room. Pretty good AWD capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible gas mileage and not even inside the range of the sticker. Needs higher clearance. It was dragging the bottom on simple pasture roads. If you are going to call it a SUV and an AWD, it needs to do those jobs.