2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Happy so Far!

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Happy so Far!
By flea_1008 on

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I finally had to say goodbye to my 01 Subaru Impreza RS. At 165 horsepower, I didn't want to lost much on the "fun" factor for my new ride. Test drove a 1.6 Soul, and it was very underpowered. Tried the Sportage and was pleasantly surprised. Love the good gas mileage (27 mpg)and loads more cargo space. Also love the styling. I went w/ the base model because wanted something new/reliable and good on gas. I'll miss the AWD in my Subaru, but if you want the higher level models have AWD. Can't beat the value on the manual 6speed and the awesome warranty. Kia had some great incentives and low APR as well. I think this is a car I'll have for many years to come.

Love the radio controls in the steering wheel, the sharp styling and plenty more cargo space than my previous little sedan. A bit of a stiff ride, but very responsive steering. I like to feel the road and feel more in control of the vehicle. This car drives nice for something this size. Great value for what you get.

Blind spots abound, wish the rear window/pillars made it easier to see out the back. Can be a punishing ride on the bumpy frost heaves in a New England winter/spring, but if you like the sporty handling, the stiff ride shouldn't be that bad.