Great Ride
By suvhappy on
2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have only owned my Sportage since Jan 16 which is 3 days as of today and I could not be happier. Traded in a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado that had poor gas mileage (of course), was noisy to drive, uncomfortable to sit in except for short drives and handled like a Mack Truck. Just was completely dissatisfied with the drive and feel of an 'American-made' car/SUV which felt cheap - not the reputation of Jeep I had expected. My Sportage has just made a 5 hour trip from the upper northwest Ohio to Columbus and neither I or my passengers felt fatigued by the seating or the room available in the seats. Got the 6-speed Automatic, turbo charged T-GDI model and I am thrilled.
Favorite Features
Seating: nice lumbar support for the driver, wonderful not to experience back fatigue while driving. Handling: Took a tight, tight S curve on an interstate approach ramp like it thought it was a sports car - and this from an SUV. Comfort: Unbelievably comfortable compared with the 2010 Jeep that I traded. Extremely quiet ride in the driver/passenger cabin. Sirius radio is a huge plus as in the Bluetooth tie in and control on the steering wheel make this a dream to drive. Road Wear (so far): Seemed to fly over even the roughest/washboard type roads - expected it to rock and cry like the Jeep but the Sportage did it without complaint and so smoothly.