Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

very nice so far, but...
By jlg1875

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the LX 2WD on Saturday and though so far I like it, I have a few gripes. I traded in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE after only 9400 miles. It was a decent vehicle, but living in NJ just outside NYC with constant stop and go traffic, my MPGs were averaging around 20. I agree so far with other reviews, the Sportage's ride is very firm, and with a lot of local streets looking like the moon's surface, I found that out quickly. However, I'm used to it already as the Santa Fe was not the smoothest ride on its 18 inch rims (Sportage has 17 inch). Steering is also very light and will take some getting used to. Interior a little too plasticy, but I don't agree that rear visibility is all that bad.

I think the Sportage looks awesome! I got it in Signal Red with the convenience package that upgrades the wheels to 17 inch rims, and I just love coming out of the house and seeing it! I really like the backup assist feature, it will come in very handy in tight parking spaces. Though it's nothing special, I love that it has a cargo cover. Hyundai didn't offer one at all for the 2010 Santa Fe? How does a car company not even offer it as an accessory in this day and age? I don't get why Kia and Hyundai are not on the same page with their offerings. I considered getting the Hyundai Tucson, but to me there is no contest in the styling, the Sportage wins hands down.

While the Sportage has nice features, there were several things I just don't understand why Kia didn't include. It doesn't have automatic headlights, but there's no beep or alarm to tell you that you've left them on when you turn off the ignition! Seriously? Speaking of ignition, what 2011 vehicle still has the ignition switch on the steering column? The manual seats so far are on the firm side of comfortable, but there is no extra lumbar support available. And while I like that I'm able to get my elbow on the center console as an armrest, why not have a divider in the console's very deep storage area, especially since there are no other little storage areas except the glove box!

never thought I'd drive a Kia
By sx_dude

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a Sportage SX last week. Was looking for a small SUV with some punch, decent fuel economy and a cooled seat for summer days. Only thing I sould find was the Lincoln MKX but didn't want to spend 50K. SX model has 256 hp and 264 torque - it moooooves! Still on first tank of gas so not sure about fuel ratings yet. Several comments from people at work! Kia's qualty seems to have come around a lot lately. Traded my BMW 328xi and actually got better 0-60 acceleration, better gas mileage at almost half the cost! Stereo sounds great!

Pick-up, AWD, cooled seat, huge sun/moon roof, Sirius/Nav/back-up camera/i-pod interface all work seemlessly. A lot of room compared with several others (Juke, CRV, Rogue, Infiniti EX). 5 yrs/60k miles bumper to bumper and roadside assistance. Keyless entry/start standard! (BMW charges $500-$1,000 for it)

Auto up/down for driver only - would like all windows to have that. More color choices (all other Sportage models have 2-3 additional colors). My kids would like rear heated seats and rear air controls.

Happy so Far!
By flea_1008

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I finally had to say goodbye to my 01 Subaru Impreza RS. At 165 horsepower, I didn't want to lost much on the "fun" factor for my new ride. Test drove a 1.6 Soul, and it was very underpowered. Tried the Sportage and was pleasantly surprised. Love the good gas mileage (27 mpg)and loads more cargo space. Also love the styling. I went w/ the base model because wanted something new/reliable and good on gas. I'll miss the AWD in my Subaru, but if you want the higher level models have AWD. Can't beat the value on the manual 6speed and the awesome warranty. Kia had some great incentives and low APR as well. I think this is a car I'll have for many years to come.

Love the radio controls in the steering wheel, the sharp styling and plenty more cargo space than my previous little sedan. A bit of a stiff ride, but very responsive steering. I like to feel the road and feel more in control of the vehicle. This car drives nice for something this size. Great value for what you get.

Blind spots abound, wish the rear window/pillars made it easier to see out the back. Can be a punishing ride on the bumpy frost heaves in a New England winter/spring, but if you like the sporty handling, the stiff ride shouldn't be that bad.

Sportage EX Update
By daviel

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I sent in a review at one week's ownership; I have 10,000 miles. I really cannot think of a single complaint-the Sportage is doing fine. I like the handling and the engine. I did not buy this car to be a rocket, but it is fine in traffic; gets off the line quick. Mileage is still good - I do not drive it for max mileage and it's still good. a very comfortable car. I am delighted I bought it - my favorite car!

Styling - low-end torque excellent- 6 speed transmission-cruise control-Sirius-iPod connection-storage room-wheels are very fine-bluetooth

HD headlights - I'g getting a bike rack for the roof

Loving it!!!
By loulou7

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Couldnt be happier with our purchase. I love my new car!! Havent found any downfalls yet. I did have concerns before purchasing about the C pillars but, so far we haven't had any visability issues. The 18 inch wheels are a little stiffer ride, but not bad at all. All in all just very happy with the Sportage and we have people ask us about it all the time.

Climate control,Awd,Stereo, A/C cooled glovebox