2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
New Adventure!
By gd on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased my Sportage in August and I mist say I am impressed. After owning 2 Hondas and a Maxima, I was afraid to go outside my comfort zone. So far so good. I enjoy the comfort but the ride is a little harsh. Hopefully I will get use to it. I will report back on the progress.

Loving the new model!
By Blair on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Sportage has come far from it's predecessors. I am a middle school administrator, and each morning, one of my students is dropped off by a parent driving one of the early Sportages. I look past that older one to my brand new one sitting in the parking lot, and I can't believe they wear the same label. I drove an '06 for three years and only got rid of it because my lease was up. I bought a high mileage accord because I didn't want a payment, but after a year and a half, I decided it was time for something new. I checked out the Soul but decided it was too small. I saw the new designs for the Sportage last spring and decided it was worth the wait.

So Far So Good!
By GD on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well I have had a Honda Accord and a Nissan Maxima. I purchased a Honda 2010 and really felt after all the snow that fell in my area that I should have purchased a SUV. I was informed that Kia has a pretty good SUV with a great safety rating. So I tried it and decided to trade in the Honda. So far so good. The ride is a bit firm and I am starting to get use to it. I will update if there are any changes.

Love it!
By hgusto on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had been shopping around for a small SUV. I think I test drove all models out there, found that this had everything I wanted and needed for the price. Very affordable. My co-workers tell me it looks like a Lexus.

Unbeatable Value!
By NJ Pete on 08/26/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I walked into a Kia dealer w/o high expectations & was quite surprised at the line-up of new vehicles. I was looking for a new car w/ good fuel economy but have always liked the convenience of an SUV. A red 2011 Sportage was front & center in the entrance to the showroom. I looked at the price & mileage rating. Drove one of the test vehicles & bought it on the spot. I have only owned it for a few days, but my fondness of the Sportage grows every day.

Where's the storage tray?
By hybanker on 08/26/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Anybody else get a new sportage and have the dealer tell them the rear storage tray will be available later? It's listed as standard equipment, but my dealer can't find one or order one. Otherwise very happy with the purchase. Nice warranty - I got rid of a Ford Freestyle because the transfer case kept leaking.

Awesome
By Nathan on 08/22/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I went to check out the new sportage because i liked the way they looked and they were more affordable than the tahoe my wife wanted. after the test drive i was sold. i got the lx with upgraded rims and navi with backup cam it is amazing. even the glove box has ac for a bottle of water or whatever you decided to put in there to keep cool thats crazy! tons of room and the gps and backup cam is awesome. huge screen!

Love it!
By suzq328 on 08/18/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2011 Kia Sportage for just 10 days now and I'm liking it more every day. I was previously driving a 03 Jeep Liberty Limited that I absolutely loved but after 133,500 miles the maintenance costs were going up while the dependability was going down. Can't really compare the Jeep with the Sportage but I am very pleased with my choice. There is plenty of oomph when I need it and the 30 mpg is awesome.

Sportage Delights
By John on 08/13/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the KIA brand for the first time. This is my 6th new car I have purchased. I currently own Honda and Cheverolet. I have owned 3 Toyotas. As is my usual routine after driving the car home I go over the car with a fine tooth comb and give it a complete wash and wax looking for flaws. I am impressed! The lines and styling of the new Sportage are terrific. The more I look over the car the more impressed I become. The handling is excellent and the ride is smooth. The interior is well thought out with an amazing number of features you seldom find in a car at this cost. The car is very comfortable to drive with plenty of room for 4. Since it is new I cannot rate it for reliability.

Kia Sportage 2011
By Deep on 08/12/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's only been 4 days since I bought the vehicle, but this review might help anyone who is looking to buy an entry level SUV. When buying, the brands I considered were RAV4, CR-V, Santa Fe. The good thing about getting a Kia is the ability to negotiate a suitable price. Honda and Toyota's are a little too stubborn to do so. But really, the vehicle has an awesome build quality and drivability. I was surprised by the quality of the vehicle, especially comparing it to the previous Sportage. I highly recommend anyone to take an informed decision, if you're buying a Rav4 or C-RV just test drive the new Sportage! That's exactly what happened to me!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$131 per month*