2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Cool SUV bad gas mileage
By Daisy on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've bought my 2011 Kia Sportage almost 3 weeks ago and other than the horrible gas mileage I'm getting, I am very happy. The sticker on the car said 21-30 MPG but no matter how perfect I drive, the MPG do not go above 20.4 MPG. I traded in a VW Jetta TDI which gave me anywhere from 35-52 MPG, so this car is a big drop. The only reason I traded in my Jetta was because it had been falling apart ever since I bought it but the gas was great. Other than the gas issues of the Kia, the car is wonderful and very comfortable. It is spacious and well designed, everyone tells me "That's a Kia?" The huge double sunroof is the reason I bought it! If gas isn't a problem, this is a beautiful car.

Great car for Kia
By gopajo on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve had the car for a couple of months now and I just love to drive it. Gas mileage a little lower than I had hoped for when I drove it up north with it last week. Averaged a little more MPG than our old “06” Mazda van. My wife loves the car also especially the heated seats and back up camera.

Lovin every minute of it
By misfit on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Kia. We are a big Chevy family, and I was a little hesitant on the Kias. Wanted a relatively loaded vehicle with low financing and low price tag. Was sold on the Sportage the minute I drove it. Very comfortable (I have a bad back). Has a lot of features for a stick shift car. Recently took it on a 6 hour drive to another state. Couldn't have been happier--very comfortable, and 27 mpg.

Great so far!
By rob8here on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far I really love this car. It's got all the benefits of a small car (mpg, parking, turn radius), but it's really fun to drive and has lots of "utility" features.

I love it!
By Jennifer on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was first drawn to the 2011 Sportage due to it's aggressive exterior styling, which is really nice. When I went to test drive it, I was pleasantly surprised at the extreme value you get for the cost. The interior is really nice and very modern. And, there are extra features such as the bluetooth integration and iPod ports, as well as the shiftable automatic transmission that really make this car a great value. At first I was leery of it being a 4-cylinder, but that was before I drove it. It has plenty of get up and go! Doesn't drive like a 4-cylinder at all in my opinion. I can't really comment on reliability, as I've only had it for 2 weeks.

It's not just a KIA
By islesfan303 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about a week now and I couldn't love it more. After looking at several other small SUV's, (Equinox, Terrain, Outlander etc.)I stumbled upon the Sportage. I would have never even thought to look at a Kia, but a family member had just gotten a great deal on Sorento. For the money you can't beat the amount of features you get with this car. The LED running lights look awesome day and night. The comfortable fabric seats have cool stitching and small designs on the lumbar area. I really only got the EX because of the LED's and the 18 inch rims - I'm glad I did because they make the car stand out big time!

Very impressive SUV
By Bill Moore on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Exceptionally well designed. Incredible array of features for the price. Build quality is excellent. Got the AWD EX with leather/sunroof package. Recently parked next to some BMW, Audi and Lexus SUVs and this SUV knocks them all off the block on looks alone. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Surprised!
By daviel on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had it a week. What a car! Plenty space; power is OK; looks great. Feels very well built, tight. AC is good. Terrific looks and loaded. bluetooth, good stereo, smart key - start button. leather, two sunroofs. 18" black/chrome wheels. The auto 6 speed is very smooth.

Would like to know
By cookie on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

great car. drives a little rougher than the chevy hhr that i traded on this car but overall nice. did dealer charge anyone else $1000.00 above sticker price? just noticed paperwork.

Sportage love
By DMillinois on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was drawn to the 2011 Sportage because of its looks. The car's steering is touchy, but was easy to get comfortable with. The Sportage replaced my 99 Jeep Cherokee and feels roomier than the jeep, though I'm pretty sure it's smaller. The Sportage looks good, drives smooth and had more basic features than other cars I had checked out. I went for the EX model because I am vain and really wanted the big shiny rims, and also fog lights. The model with the navigation screen and panoramic roof looks amazing, but is too much to pay for a Kia. I went the last day of the month and was able to get the car at dealer cost. I'd suggest everyone do the same for whatever car you are looking to buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$98 per month*