Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

2011 Kia Sportage SX just purchased
By jbeach2

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Took a long time to review models and a month ago selected the turbo Kia Sportage at $30K out the door-it has all the options including these neat little floor lights. Here's what I think so far: 1-great drive- turbo moves and comes with a better suspension 2-price-it's $6k less than a equally equipped luxury badge. If you don't care about "prestige" save a bundle buying the Kia 3- 31 mpg on open road and 25 in town-this is comparable to the RAV and the CRV-but with the turbo thrust 4-leather-excellent quality 6-driving comfort great 7-roomy but doesn't look like a behemoth on the road

got one fully optioned out including the color-changing interior lights--all super fun to use and drive

gas mileage in town

Fuel mileage dissapointing but nice SUV with lots of option
By kds5

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've had our 2011 Sportage for about 6 months and we pleased with almost everything. Traded in a Lexus IS250 that got 29-32 mpg for more room and mileage that ranges from 22-33 on the sticker. Driving very conservatively in "ECO" mode with reg fuel only gets us about 19.8 combined highway and city. If we use premium fuel with no ethanol we up that about 4 mpg. Using premium on the highway only we can get about 26.5. Now has about 8500 miles so should be broken in by now. Other than that, the car is loaded with options comparable to our Lexus. We like the nav better and it updates with Satellite vs buying a disc. Enjoying it overall and looks great, just disappointed in the fuel.

Exterior appearance is very sharp! Navigation is easy to use and updated. Backup camera, love it. Roominess it very good.

Tilting mirrors to see down when putting in reverse. Auto wipers. Directional headlights.

Can You Ignore The Ride?
By ryan2006

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Sportage for approx 1 month and 1000 miles. I traded in a 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring. The Sportage was the closest I could get to the 3's handling, performance and options. However, the 30k price tag was a bit hard to swallow. I really feel like I took a huge leap of faith buying a Kia...especially awith a $$ that could get me almost any other CUV out there. The warranty is great, but who wants a vehicle that needs to be in the shop alot. I only have two complaints: 1. The ride is rough. 2. Satellite reception is extremely spotty. So far, happy with the purchase. I just hope Kia is ready to deal with customer's expectations of those spending 30K on a vehicle.

1. Navigation system 2. Back-up camera 3. Cooled front seat (why no passenger option here?) 4. Panoramic sunroof 5. Sirius traffic 6. Best leather of any car I've ever owned...by far! 7. Interior mood lights 8. The turbo's 260 hp!

1. The ride is ok..I just wish the dealer could figure out why I have a shimmy at 45+ mph. 2. Satellite reception is really bad. Get use to seeing "Acquiring Signal" alot. 5th car with satellite and never had this issue before. 3. The engine sounds very out of shape

Went from a Forester XT to a Sportage SX AWD
By mike_in_nepa

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In the last 7 years, I had 2 different turbo AWD models ('05 Legacy GT and a '09 Forester XT Ltd w/ Nav). It might seem like a step down to go from a Subaru to a Kia, but it actually was a large upgrade for the most part. My Kia Sportage SX AWD is equipped with the Premium Package with Leather, and the Navigation package. My Sportage SX outshines the Forester in terms of comfort, audio, and performance. The seats are very comfortable for long trips, the driver's seat is both heated and cooled, the cabin is much quieter, etc. Visibility is an issue here - looks great, but there are plenty of blind spots. Far less body roll than my Subarus. My fuel economy ranges from 23.1 to 25.5.

Power: You feel that horsepower are any speed, it's just a slight nudge of the gas pedal to feel the massive torque it has. This thing is a torque monster: AWD + 3466 lbs + 269 lb feet of torque at 1850 rpm. C&D states 0-60 6.1 sec. Comfort: Cushy leather seats, dual zone digital climate control, heated/cooled seats (I love the cooled seats), the audio sounds great, and the navigation with ipod integration is superb. With the Bluetooth - it will sync up all of your contacts to the navigation, and wirelessly play your music as well! Quiet interior is great. Push button starter, panoramic sunroof. Fuel economy: This is a performance AWD SUV and I am getting over 25 mpg on 87 octane fuel

I like the handling and don't like the handling. Suspension is very firm, which I love. Body roll is almost non-existent, which I love. What I do NOT like is that it seems to like to understeer far more than my Subaru models, which is something I would like to see Kia work on. Other than that, all I could say is that Kia adds seat cooler to the passenger seat so they could get in on the butt cooling love too. I would love to see Kia add Sirius Travel Link to the Navigation. Accessories!!!! There is no trailer hitch option from Kia for the SX, nor do they have any roof racks for bikes or kayaks yet either. :(

A "jewel" discovered by former luxury sedan owner
By ncmtnbooper

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had AWD SX 3 weeks and ecstatic w/decision! Discerning and detail oriented, discovered this particular new model while refining choices for youngest daughter (buying first car entering final PhD student year in Cincinnati). Last two cars hand-built 2005 VW V8 Phaeton and 2001 BMW 750 IL, so I "know" luxury cars. At 6'2", comfort is a "must" - closely followed by size, performance, and value. "Fit" of loaded gray SX "just right" (golf clubs & accessories store privately in rear and roomy to ferry 2 standard poodles daily to office). No winter use yet for AWD, but MPG usually 30+. Daughter bought identical Red one sans NAV package. Wouldn't consider other non-turbo charged Sportages.

Comfortable supportive seats (and air-cooled one for driver); handling; powerful feel of the turbo-charged engine running on regular fuel (set cruise control on 61 on freeway at base of mountain and "ran up hill" at constant speed without 6 speed transmission downshifting, tachometer holding steady 2100 RPMs); looks, including neat front running light display and dual exhaust ports; rear sensor w/backup camera (part of NAV package); navigation with "decent" premium sound and satellite radio; "roominess" cabin feel given dimensions and "compact" exterior appearance; enhanced bladder suspension system particular to SX model; smallish footprint in driving lanes, garage, and parking spaces.

Seat with power mirror memory; addition of dashboard storage cubicles for change/watch; better (larger) rearview mirror vision; interior and remote switch for power opening of rear hatch.