2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
First Impressions
By happi81 on 01/19/11 12:55 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the Sportage EX with the Leather/Navigation package which gives you all the toys and still came in under $30k. They present a great value when looking at price, features, and warranty but at the same time they look amazing...at least in my opinion. However, here are the cons for me. 1. Our volume button on the steering wheel broke within 2 weeks 2. Rear dimming lights are too dim. Cant really see anything except for headlights of other vehicles. 3. Almost impossible to navigate through back window.. too small 4. Seatbelt indicator is beyond annoying, beeps incessantly. 5. Seatbelt on the passenger side bangs against door when not in use. 6. Ride is very stiff and unforgiving

Problem with electronic steering
By garydevans on 01/13/11 07:12 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has two distinct issues with the electronic steering. 1) When driving in a straight line the car wanders to the left and right. There does not seem to be a preference. Sometimes it goes left and sometimes it goes right. 2) There is some stiction in the steering wheel control. As you try to correct slightly for the wandering the steering does not react to the first slight control pressure but as the pressure is increased it does release usually resulting in an over correction. As a result of these two problems the car will weave down a straight road with the need for constant corrections on the steering wheel.

Now fixed and so far ok
By regy65 on 12/23/10 18:39 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought vehicle at 200 miles on it misfire in engine, and needed new intake manifold, so far so good, Stiff ride across country compared to other suv., noisy front end suspension over rough roads or bumps this should be addressed by kia since a little to loud for a brand new suv. down hill assist works good on a steep steep hill. the 4x4 lock in option is great but yet left in just standard awd works well that way also. Head lights are a little to dim for me and my wife at night. So I hope that Kia does some TSP,s on the items that I have suggested, would help me to buy Kia again, we will see and keep you posted

After a month of use
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After a month, I rate this vehicle better than average and the leader in this class. The ride is stiff, perhaps too stiff. The Sirrus radio sounds a bit shrill at the mid level and treble, but the FM is not as bad. Maybe it is the antenna. It took some time, but I found a bass boost in the set-up program. But it does handle well and is comfortable, except for the ultra stiff ride. The mileage is a minimum 20.5mpg in town and 29mpg on the highway, not quite what I expected, but better than my 2003 Honda CRV. I like the Sportage better than the sister Tucson. Would I buy again, probably, but might spend $6000 more for a Buick Regal.

Try it
By STEVE on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle is a nice compact package the only thing it needs is a we bit more power I would highly recommend they re-engineer this vehicle with a turbo or a 6 cylinder

Love it so far
By Tony P on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this as a replacement to a 2001 VW Jetta. We have had it for only a few days but so far i have no complaints at all. The suspension is a little tight, but i will accept that for the car like feel it has while driving. Power is readily available and it has way more interior room than our old VW. I am only waiting to see how it does in the snow.

A Bargain at Twice the Price!
By Scratchglassturnblue on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

WOW. You got to be kidding me. Kia has a very satisfied customer! This is my second Kia. The 1st one was a Kia Sedona w/ 170k miles, nearly flawless. The Sportage gave me exactly what I was looking for and much more. The Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans and others are hopelessly overpriced.

Shocked at the value here
By Surpised_by_Kia on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had it for 2 weeks. Still can't believe the value for the money. Styling is one of the best out there in the segment. Handles like a Honda. Loaded to the hilt, you can get one for $26.5K (invoice) and it comes with options only found in high end vehicles (rear camera, nav, BT, leather, USB, xeon, 18" rims, dual moonroof, backup sensors, 6spd auto, homelink, voice commands, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?). We shopped around and couldn't find anything close to it for the price - have to jump $8-10K to find a comp. Car feels like it has more than 176 HP, probably because of the 6 sp auto. In the market for a small, heavily optioned SUV? Look no further. Oh, and it has the 10yr/100K mile warranty. Nice!

Who would have known?
By dezcars on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the EX FULLY LOADED AWD version. With every conceivable option it still only came to $30,065. The Orange color is eye popping, went to Niagara Falls and back from Syracuse NY and got 29.4 mpg with only 700 miles on the odometer. The hidden tray in the back wasn't in any of the vehicles on the lot so the dealership ordered it for me. Since it's supposed to be in the vehicles as standard equipment, I got it for free. I bought the optional 10 year 100K bumper to bumper warranty and looking over what it covers it's worth every penny. I was looking at all types of vehicles for my wife, she spotted this as it came off the truck. It's an outstanding vehicle. You'll love it. KIA? You Bet!

My Sportage is Awesome.
By Love My Sportage on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had my new Sportage for over two months and am so happy. It has plenty of power and drives like a well built vehicle. The six speed auto tranny is a work of art and I know it took Hyandai 4 years to develop it and has 62 less parts than the previous transmission. The Theta 2 engine is so quiet at idle that I think it isn't running at the lights! Sirius satellite radio is fantastic and now I can't live without it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$131 per month*