Used 2011 Kia Sportage EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

One year and still loving it
By brianarm

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a year now and have put on 11K miles. Not a single thing has gone wrong, it is very reliable. All the small suv's are somewhat disappointing with their gas mileage. I average around 25 mpg in mixed driving without a heavy foot. I make several long trips (650 miles) a year and have to say the seats are incredibly comfortable and I'm 6'1. My mileage was about 30 mpg going about 75 on these trips. The EX gives you a lot a extra goodies - better seats, leather steering wheel, led lights in front, alloys etc. I could not be happier with my decision to buy this car.

Looks are the best. Led lights, roof rails allow me to carry my kayak. Radio, bluetooth, usb, mp3 are fantastic.

Larger gas tank 13 gals is too small. Back up camera would be very welcome.

Fun vehicle but disappointing fuel economy
By mayfield53

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great styling inside and out. A number of features standard that you would pay extra in other cars. Have about 3,500 miles with no mechanical issues. I am over 6 foot and have plenty of head and leg room. The six speed automatic is quick to downshift on a grade. Fuel economy is well below the advertised 23-31. I have average around 22.5 through the winter months. Tires perform poorly in snow due to poor tread pattern. Ride is very stiff. Rear window is limits visibility, but large side windows overcomes this with a look over the shoulder. Overall fun to drive, easy to drive with good visibility of the road

Push button (keyless) operation, back-up sensor, double sunroof and climate control (dual and auto) - car heats up quickly.

Fuel economy, soften ride and all weather tires.

Sportage EX Update
By daviel

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I sent in a review at one week's ownership; I have 10,000 miles. I really cannot think of a single complaint-the Sportage is doing fine. I like the handling and the engine. I did not buy this car to be a rocket, but it is fine in traffic; gets off the line quick. Mileage is still good - I do not drive it for max mileage and it's still good. a very comfortable car. I am delighted I bought it - my favorite car!

Styling - low-end torque excellent- 6 speed transmission-cruise control-Sirius-iPod connection-storage room-wheels are very fine-bluetooth

HD headlights - I'g getting a bike rack for the roof

Shocked at the value here
By Surpised_by_Kia

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had it for 2 weeks. Still can't believe the value for the money. Styling is one of the best out there in the segment. Handles like a Honda. Loaded to the hilt, you can get one for $26.5K (invoice) and it comes with options only found in high end vehicles (rear camera, nav, BT, leather, USB, xeon, 18" rims, dual moonroof, backup sensors, 6spd auto, homelink, voice commands, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?). We shopped around and couldn't find anything close to it for the price - have to jump $8-10K to find a comp. Car feels like it has more than 176 HP, probably because of the 6 sp auto. In the market for a small, heavily optioned SUV? Look no further. Oh, and it has the 10yr/100K mile warranty. Nice!

The whole thing.

Turbo 4cyl, which i hear is coming. Also, would like to see the 10 yr/100K mile warranty changed to transferable (currently only stays with 1st owner).

Cool SUV bad gas mileage
By Daisy

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've bought my 2011 Kia Sportage almost 3 weeks ago and other than the horrible gas mileage I'm getting, I am very happy. The sticker on the car said 21-30 MPG but no matter how perfect I drive, the MPG do not go above 20.4 MPG. I traded in a VW Jetta TDI which gave me anywhere from 35-52 MPG, so this car is a big drop. The only reason I traded in my Jetta was because it had been falling apart ever since I bought it but the gas was great. Other than the gas issues of the Kia, the car is wonderful and very comfortable. It is spacious and well designed, everyone tells me "That's a Kia?" The huge double sunroof is the reason I bought it! If gas isn't a problem, this is a beautiful car.

Space, Interior design, Exterior design, cooling and heating chairs, huge double sunroof.

Better gas mileage