2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
One year and still loving it
By brianarm on 05/24/12 10:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for a year now and have put on 11K miles. Not a single thing has gone wrong, it is very reliable. All the small suv's are somewhat disappointing with their gas mileage. I average around 25 mpg in mixed driving without a heavy foot. I make several long trips (650 miles) a year and have to say the seats are incredibly comfortable and I'm 6'1. My mileage was about 30 mpg going about 75 on these trips. The EX gives you a lot a extra goodies - better seats, leather steering wheel, led lights in front, alloys etc. I could not be happier with my decision to buy this car.

Fun vehicle but disappointing fuel economy
By mayfield53 on 04/09/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great styling inside and out. A number of features standard that you would pay extra in other cars. Have about 3,500 miles with no mechanical issues. I am over 6 foot and have plenty of head and leg room. The six speed automatic is quick to downshift on a grade. Fuel economy is well below the advertised 23-31. I have average around 22.5 through the winter months. Tires perform poorly in snow due to poor tread pattern. Ride is very stiff. Rear window is limits visibility, but large side windows overcomes this with a look over the shoulder. Overall fun to drive, easy to drive with good visibility of the road

Sportage EX Update
By daviel on 03/12/11 20:47 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I sent in a review at one week's ownership; I have 10,000 miles. I really cannot think of a single complaint-the Sportage is doing fine. I like the handling and the engine. I did not buy this car to be a rocket, but it is fine in traffic; gets off the line quick. Mileage is still good - I do not drive it for max mileage and it's still good. a very comfortable car. I am delighted I bought it - my favorite car!

Shocked at the value here
By Surpised_by_Kia on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had it for 2 weeks. Still can't believe the value for the money. Styling is one of the best out there in the segment. Handles like a Honda. Loaded to the hilt, you can get one for $26.5K (invoice) and it comes with options only found in high end vehicles (rear camera, nav, BT, leather, USB, xeon, 18" rims, dual moonroof, backup sensors, 6spd auto, homelink, voice commands, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?). We shopped around and couldn't find anything close to it for the price - have to jump $8-10K to find a comp. Car feels like it has more than 176 HP, probably because of the 6 sp auto. In the market for a small, heavily optioned SUV? Look no further. Oh, and it has the 10yr/100K mile warranty. Nice!

Cool SUV bad gas mileage
By Daisy on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've bought my 2011 Kia Sportage almost 3 weeks ago and other than the horrible gas mileage I'm getting, I am very happy. The sticker on the car said 21-30 MPG but no matter how perfect I drive, the MPG do not go above 20.4 MPG. I traded in a VW Jetta TDI which gave me anywhere from 35-52 MPG, so this car is a big drop. The only reason I traded in my Jetta was because it had been falling apart ever since I bought it but the gas was great. Other than the gas issues of the Kia, the car is wonderful and very comfortable. It is spacious and well designed, everyone tells me "That's a Kia?" The huge double sunroof is the reason I bought it! If gas isn't a problem, this is a beautiful car.

It's not just a KIA
By islesfan303 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about a week now and I couldn't love it more. After looking at several other small SUV's, (Equinox, Terrain, Outlander etc.)I stumbled upon the Sportage. I would have never even thought to look at a Kia, but a family member had just gotten a great deal on Sorento. For the money you can't beat the amount of features you get with this car. The LED running lights look awesome day and night. The comfortable fabric seats have cool stitching and small designs on the lumbar area. I really only got the EX because of the LED's and the 18 inch rims - I'm glad I did because they make the car stand out big time!

Surprised!
By daviel on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had it a week. What a car! Plenty space; power is OK; looks great. Feels very well built, tight. AC is good. Terrific looks and loaded. bluetooth, good stereo, smart key - start button. leather, two sunroofs. 18" black/chrome wheels. The auto 6 speed is very smooth.

Sportage love
By DMillinois on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was drawn to the 2011 Sportage because of its looks. The car's steering is touchy, but was easy to get comfortable with. The Sportage replaced my 99 Jeep Cherokee and feels roomier than the jeep, though I'm pretty sure it's smaller. The Sportage looks good, drives smooth and had more basic features than other cars I had checked out. I went for the EX model because I am vain and really wanted the big shiny rims, and also fog lights. The model with the navigation screen and panoramic roof looks amazing, but is too much to pay for a Kia. I went the last day of the month and was able to get the car at dealer cost. I'd suggest everyone do the same for whatever car you are looking to buy.

Loving the new model!
By Blair on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Sportage has come far from it's predecessors. I am a middle school administrator, and each morning, one of my students is dropped off by a parent driving one of the early Sportages. I look past that older one to my brand new one sitting in the parking lot, and I can't believe they wear the same label. I drove an '06 for three years and only got rid of it because my lease was up. I bought a high mileage accord because I didn't want a payment, but after a year and a half, I decided it was time for something new. I checked out the Soul but decided it was too small. I saw the new designs for the Sportage last spring and decided it was worth the wait.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$122 per month*