Used 2011 Kia Sportage Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Happy so Far!
By flea_1008

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I finally had to say goodbye to my 01 Subaru Impreza RS. At 165 horsepower, I didn't want to lost much on the "fun" factor for my new ride. Test drove a 1.6 Soul, and it was very underpowered. Tried the Sportage and was pleasantly surprised. Love the good gas mileage (27 mpg)and loads more cargo space. Also love the styling. I went w/ the base model because wanted something new/reliable and good on gas. I'll miss the AWD in my Subaru, but if you want the higher level models have AWD. Can't beat the value on the manual 6speed and the awesome warranty. Kia had some great incentives and low APR as well. I think this is a car I'll have for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Love the radio controls in the steering wheel, the sharp styling and plenty more cargo space than my previous little sedan. A bit of a stiff ride, but very responsive steering. I like to feel the road and feel more in control of the vehicle. This car drives nice for something this size. Great value for what you get.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots abound, wish the rear window/pillars made it easier to see out the back. Can be a punishing ride on the bumpy frost heaves in a New England winter/spring, but if you like the sporty handling, the stiff ride shouldn't be that bad.

Lovin every minute of it
By misfit

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Kia. We are a big Chevy family, and I was a little hesitant on the Kias. Wanted a relatively loaded vehicle with low financing and low price tag. Was sold on the Sportage the minute I drove it. Very comfortable (I have a bad back). Has a lot of features for a stick shift car. Recently took it on a 6 hour drive to another state. Couldn't have been happier--very comfortable, and 27 mpg.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth. Having hands free with the controls on the steering wheel. My contacts are loading into the cars memory, their name comes up when I call it, very easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Make more colors. I have a brown one, but most I was looking at were black.

Love it!
By suzq328

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2011 Kia Sportage for just 10 days now and I'm liking it more every day. I was previously driving a 03 Jeep Liberty Limited that I absolutely loved but after 133,500 miles the maintenance costs were going up while the dependability was going down. Can't really compare the Jeep with the Sportage but I am very pleased with my choice. There is plenty of oomph when I need it and the 30 mpg is awesome.

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior design, standard features.

Suggested Improvements

compass with the outside temp.

Sportage Delights
By John

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the KIA brand for the first time. This is my 6th new car I have purchased. I currently own Honda and Cheverolet. I have owned 3 Toyotas. As is my usual routine after driving the car home I go over the car with a fine tooth comb and give it a complete wash and wax looking for flaws. I am impressed! The lines and styling of the new Sportage are terrific. The more I look over the car the more impressed I become. The handling is excellent and the ride is smooth. The interior is well thought out with an amazing number of features you seldom find in a car at this cost. The car is very comfortable to drive with plenty of room for 4. Since it is new I cannot rate it for reliability.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling and enjoyable driving experience are my favorite features. The modern interior features are also favorites as well. The Sportage has averaged 27 MPG mixed driving during its break in period. It is safe to say I have been suprised how impressed I am with the new KIA Sportage.

Suggested Improvements

If I were the builder of this car the one area of improvement would be the interior materials. The interior design is wonderful but improving what the inside dash, walls and seats are made with could make the car great. The car would become a little quieter and probably cost more.

Kia Sportage 2011
By Deep

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's only been 4 days since I bought the vehicle, but this review might help anyone who is looking to buy an entry level SUV. When buying, the brands I considered were RAV4, CR-V, Santa Fe. The good thing about getting a Kia is the ability to negotiate a suitable price. Honda and Toyota's are a little too stubborn to do so. But really, the vehicle has an awesome build quality and drivability. I was surprised by the quality of the vehicle, especially comparing it to the previous Sportage. I highly recommend anyone to take an informed decision, if you're buying a Rav4 or C-RV just test drive the new Sportage! That's exactly what happened to me!

Favorite Features

1) The interior fit and finish. 2) The height of the vehicle. 3) Build, bulk and design.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy although good, can be a little better though!