2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Happy so Far!
By flea_1008 on 03/16/11 10:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I finally had to say goodbye to my 01 Subaru Impreza RS. At 165 horsepower, I didn't want to lost much on the "fun" factor for my new ride. Test drove a 1.6 Soul, and it was very underpowered. Tried the Sportage and was pleasantly surprised. Love the good gas mileage (27 mpg)and loads more cargo space. Also love the styling. I went w/ the base model because wanted something new/reliable and good on gas. I'll miss the AWD in my Subaru, but if you want the higher level models have AWD. Can't beat the value on the manual 6speed and the awesome warranty. Kia had some great incentives and low APR as well. I think this is a car I'll have for many years to come.

Lovin every minute of it
By misfit on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Kia. We are a big Chevy family, and I was a little hesitant on the Kias. Wanted a relatively loaded vehicle with low financing and low price tag. Was sold on the Sportage the minute I drove it. Very comfortable (I have a bad back). Has a lot of features for a stick shift car. Recently took it on a 6 hour drive to another state. Couldn't have been happier--very comfortable, and 27 mpg.

Love it!
By suzq328 on 08/18/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2011 Kia Sportage for just 10 days now and I'm liking it more every day. I was previously driving a 03 Jeep Liberty Limited that I absolutely loved but after 133,500 miles the maintenance costs were going up while the dependability was going down. Can't really compare the Jeep with the Sportage but I am very pleased with my choice. There is plenty of oomph when I need it and the 30 mpg is awesome.

Sportage Delights
By John on 08/13/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the KIA brand for the first time. This is my 6th new car I have purchased. I currently own Honda and Cheverolet. I have owned 3 Toyotas. As is my usual routine after driving the car home I go over the car with a fine tooth comb and give it a complete wash and wax looking for flaws. I am impressed! The lines and styling of the new Sportage are terrific. The more I look over the car the more impressed I become. The handling is excellent and the ride is smooth. The interior is well thought out with an amazing number of features you seldom find in a car at this cost. The car is very comfortable to drive with plenty of room for 4. Since it is new I cannot rate it for reliability.

Kia Sportage 2011
By Deep on 08/12/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's only been 4 days since I bought the vehicle, but this review might help anyone who is looking to buy an entry level SUV. When buying, the brands I considered were RAV4, CR-V, Santa Fe. The good thing about getting a Kia is the ability to negotiate a suitable price. Honda and Toyota's are a little too stubborn to do so. But really, the vehicle has an awesome build quality and drivability. I was surprised by the quality of the vehicle, especially comparing it to the previous Sportage. I highly recommend anyone to take an informed decision, if you're buying a Rav4 or C-RV just test drive the new Sportage! That's exactly what happened to me!

Are You Kidding Me??
By teeman on 08/10/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I got the first 2011 Sportage in this area. It is an EX AWD model, 18" wheels, 6 spd automatic, 4 cyl 176 hp engine. The ride is great, handling and power far better than my previous vehicles, Found this SUV while actually looking at another make. It was just off the delivery truck and not even on the lot yet. The appearance of this car is outstanding. I enjoy getting all the looks while driving around town. Am looking forward to this winter when I can get out on the roads. Have only had it for a week or so, getting 22 mpg in city driving.

Finally
By Brad Bachman on 08/06/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Finally an import that I fit in. I am 6'4" and have finally found an import with plenty of leg room for me. Not to mention that the 2011 Kia is well appointed and fun to drive. I miss the power of my 300c but not the poor fuel mileage. Oh yeah it has a great panoramic roof. Look forward to driving the Kia everyday. The Kia I bought is the 2011 Sportage EX

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$131 per month*