Used 2011 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Great work horse
By Chris Biser

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 4 years and I am extremely satisfied with it. It is an economical car to drive for everyday, plus road trips for 2 or 3 passengers. I am getting about 28 mpg on it on the highway. The sound system is good, the controls are easy to reach, and it's a nice, uncomplicated car to drive.

Some downsides: moving from a Honda Civic DX, the blind spots on this Sportage were something to get used to. It's easy to miss cars right next to you. I've learned to REALLY look before shifting lanes. Also, I am 5'6" and the door frame is sometimes a bit closer to my head than I'd like. On the other hand, that sturdy frame also protects in a crash, so it is an easy trade off for me. My BF who is 6'1" drives it and doesn't seem to mind that door frame either, but maybe for some it is too much. The ride in the back seat going over speed bumps can be a bit stiff.

Other than those 2 things, this car is fun to drive and has great safety ratings. I am extremely satisfied driving it. Have 100,000K on it now and plan to keep it to at least 300,000.

Great work horse
By Chris Biser

2011 Kia Sportage 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The Sportier SUV - Kia Sportage
By Tulsa NW

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Need a large fuel tank, small tank causes more fill up on trips.

Turbo Problems in 2011 Kia Sportage
By Tam

2011 Kia Sportage SX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Kia 2011 Sportage SX brand new from a local Kia dealership. I was thinking of purchasing either the Dodge Journey or Sportage at the time, but the 100,000-mile-warranty on the Kia Sportage is what sold the car for me. It also came well equipped and I have to admit I am now spoiled by a nice sunroof, and all the little bells and whistles that the SX comes with. HOWEVER.....the turbo engine has been replaced TWICE in this car. Once at 40,000 miles (which was fine because it was under warranty), and just recently at 104,000 miles....which cost me $600. The Kia Dealership doesn't say much about this....even though I've asked if this is a common Sportage problem. Before I purchased this car several family and friends told me the jury was out on a 4-cylinder with a turbo, and now I can see why. Other than that, I LOVE my Kia Sportage and am hoping the 2nd NEWLY INSTALLED turbo engine will last at least another 50,000 miles. Taking bets..... :)

3 yrs later...
By rifral

2011 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I gave 5 stars too... 3 years ago! The styling is cool, awesome sunroof, decent cargo and passenger room and... well... that's about it. 2 brake switch replacements* (recently recalled), less than expected gas mileage, squeeks and rattles and lately the transmission is reving too high. I have no faith that this rather expensive model will last me the 10 years I was hoping for. It might be a hard sale once the warranty expires!
*when the brake switch blows, the car is completely dead. I know things happen but I shouldn't have to see my car being towed on a flat bed twice while making car payments.