Used 2010 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Best value I've owned - 6 yrs 100k mi no repairs!
By Ocala Jo

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If you can find one used and it's been properly cared for, buy it! This baby is the Korean Energizer Bunny! I bought it new in July 2010, just turned 100,000 miles this week and the only two times I needed help for it were a dead battery and a $2.99 O ring in the battery that failed on my way to work one morning. Maintenance is not cheap, but worth it for a car that faithfully gets you where you're going. The only negatives are the awkward headrests (took a while to get it into a position that allows my head to remain upright) and the ride is a bit like a pickup truck--a non-luxury one. Gas mileage is great; until a few months ago, was getting 29-30 average MPG, all non-highway driving. My daily commute is 54 miles total, half 55 mph and half stop-and-go 45 MPH or less. I do play the lights when possible to avoid wasting time and gas that way. Just starting to investigate while mileage has dropped to 26 MPG average. Probably just some needed maintenance. Finally, whenever anyone asks me if I like my Kia, I answer with a resounding "YES!" Result? Half of the vehicles in my office parking lot are either Kia or Hyundai and we all are now hooked on the company.

After 6 yrs ownership, still in love with it
By J Howes

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Kia new in March 2016 as a second car. After six years and 57, 000 miles, I can say this car has NEVER REQUIRED REPAIRS (other than routine oil changes and a new battery and set of tires after 5 yrs). What more can you ask of any car. The paint finish is outstanding, rivaling my Jaguar which cost 4 times as much! Excellent headroom is a plus for me (I'm 6' 5"). About the only fault I can find is the radio's dim LCD display, which is impossible to see in bright sunlight.

Great on Gas; Fun to Drive
By Mike

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Sportage. The first one was so good. I decided to get another. The 140 hp 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive provides all the power you need plus 22+ average mpg! IT handles great in the snow, and rain, and visibility it amazing, the wipers clear about 95% of the glass. I highly recommend the Sportage to anyone.

Satellite stereo with aux inputs for USB & audio devises; acceleration; manual shifter for electronic automatic transmission; gas mileage.

smaller front headrests.

Great car
By ram

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well, it is my first kia. Family of 4, one working, so on a budget. And it is affordable. Overall good quality car. No majr complains. Except cargo space is very limited. When we go on a long trip we take my CR-V, since a stroller and luggage case simply don't fit in it.

Acceleration.

Rear door to open sideways not upward. Increase cargo space.

I love my kia
By karla shoemake

2010 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Kia. It's the first one I have ever owned and I would and will definitely recommend it to others.

it's very quiet and roomy inside with plenty of space for storage and/or other passengers

the only thing that could make it better would be free gas