Unbeatable price for a well-designed SUV
By Kevin on
2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this Kia after my old car, a '99 VW Beetle, kicked the bucket. I have long been dreaming for an SUV, but didn't expect to find one in the $15K price range I was aiming for. Stumbled upon the Kia dealership, and was impressed with the RAV4 & Forester matching features of the Kia in such an affordable package. I've had it for 3 weeks now and am overall impressed. Horsepower is a bit lacking, but fuel economy is decent (23 mpg on my first tank, 90% city). Handling is secure, if not sports-car-like. Interior is ergonomic, durable, & comfortable without the silly frills found in other cars of this segment. Easily the most bang for the buck in the small SUV category.
Favorite Features
Price & value, ergonomic no-nonsense interior, USB & aux input connections, interior space & comfort, Smokey Brown color, long-throw shifter, most of the features are standard in base trim, flat-fold rear seats, durability of materials, Kia warranty, no-pressure dealership purchasing experience.
Suggested Improvements
Low horsepower:weight ratio, no manual transmission option with V6, no steering wheel audio controls, no armrest cupholders for rear passengers (only the ones in the doors), sunroof would have been a nice option.