2009 Kia Sportage Consumer Review: Sweet!

2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Review

2009 Kia Sportage

EX 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Sweet!
By CGB on

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The reviewer who said the Kia Sportage isn't so fun to drive has not spent the last 10 yrs dragging around in a big van! I've only had it a couple weeks but so far I am super impressed! Plenty of get up & go, great handling, surprisingly smooth ride, excellent stereo, quiet engine. I got the whole pkg; nice leather seats, classy brushed metal trim, nav system...accoutrements I have not experienced in years & could never have afforded in another comparable vehicle. But really, it is the ride & handling that totally impresses me. The rest is just the big cherry on the sundae. Time will tell but this just feels like a quality vehicle. Can't wait for my next road trip!

Smooth ride, great handling, quick pick up, quiet, quality appointments, suprisingly comfortable back seat (and LOVE the ease of lowering them for the dogs as opposed to dragging in & out), great sound system. Can't say enough. What a pleasant surprise this vehicle is!

1. UV glass in front. I enjoy the brightness but I feel Southern sun. 2. Granted, I am coming from a large van but the center console is miniscule. Addtl pullout under passenger seat would be nice. 3.I really miss ext temp readout & surprisingly I miss my armrests. Small sacrifices. No regrets.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review