2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
It is what it is.
By jr5285 on 05/25/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the kia sportage, i weigh 215 pounds and i am 6ft3 and i find myself to be very comfortable in both the driver seat and the passenger seat. I like the arm rest in the back as well as every door in the kia has a cup holder as well as the back seat arm rest. My car came with cruise control and a sunroof and a v6 engine with 60,000 mile warranty and 3 months of satellite radio. And they even gave me a even trade in on ford explorer (it had 70,000 miles on it) and i still owed 10,000 dollars on it. So i think i got a real bargain. Oh and my headrests are adjustable.

2009 KIA Sportage best bang for the buck
By drew on 05/24/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research between subaru, honda, toy and suzuki. You can't beat the quality, safety features (ESC, traction control, 6 airbags,all 5 star crash rating) and the 5 yr 60 mile bumper to bumper, 10yr 100k drive train warranty. I choose the 5 spd 4cyl to get the most miles per gallon. I find the 4 cyl. has plenty of zip plus its fun to drive. Living in New England getting a 4x4 was equally important. This is my second KIA, I find the quality is excellent. The sportage also has plenty of storage and room to handle my 3 kids and their gear. I owned a 07 Honda, i find the finish superior on the Kia. Maybe not as refined as a honda, but this is a very capable suv and 5000 less.

Value for Money
By Tony G on 05/15/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I researched many cars offering similar amenities. The KIA appeared to offer better features for the lowest price. I was not disappointed, it has great features and is very well built. While not a powerhouse the engine offers sufficient power for highway driving. The seating layout and flexibility is well done providing real flatbed storage. The transmission is smooth. I wish that KIA offered a larger tyre option, but it is not a major flaw. The finish and engineering are of high quality. The entertainment system, bluetooth and component inputs make offer more luxury features than are found on many prestige cars. I was surprised and disappointed to find an ashtray, GPS space would be better.

So Far so good!
By Ms.Kiesha on 04/14/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

So far I absolutely love this vehicle, the only thing I don't like is the non- adjustable headrest, which can be uncomfortable on long drives...it's great on gas, the radio system is great...I love it!

09/Sportage
By Gil on 03/07/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is our third Kia, and, as per the other Kias that we owned, the quality, and dependability is there.

Impressed
By Me on 02/23/09 22:23 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was very hesitant about buying a Kia, for I have not heard very good things about them in the past. I searched several SUVs and for the price w/ 60K warranty the Sportage is a real bargain! The car is great on gas as long as your foot is not permanently heavy and the seats are very comfortable. There is plenty of space - just as much as the Sorrento and its better on gas. The stereo is very good for factory. My main complaint is there is not arm rest !! So far I love the car.

Good catch
By me on 02/15/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for an affordable SUV that was not a gas guzzler. The mileage is not as good as the Jeep Patriot, but for this price the Sportage is a real bargain. If your foot isn't heavy all the time, you can easily get 22-24 MPG. Kia product has dramatically improved since Hyundai bought them out.

A $16K 6cyl 4x4
By Laura on 01/20/09 19:29 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

What is not to like about a quality 4x4 6 cylinder SUV for $16K. Electric windows, power locks, cd player, excellent in the snow. Only one problem was the right side power mirror stopped working. Will wait for a month and see if any other little things pop up. The best deal is a 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty. Come on now see if you can come close to Toyota and Honda with this kind of deal. I researched this hard before I bought and I am please as punch to get this great car. Time will tell how it stand up but so far so good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$117 per month*