Used 2009 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Fun Run-about with style
By CEsav

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

With the rebate, great price to start with, no nonesense dealer (not what I found at Toyota and Honda)the surprizing quiet ride and style plus 10/100 warranty, I was sold. I bought it for around town driving, but drove well on the interstate, and got a solid 26mpg. The 4 banger took a little to getting use to (at the lights), but was better than I thought it would, but love it at the gas pump. LX is good value.

Very predictable Auto shift, the shift over ride is nice and easy. Good driving postion ft and rr, firm seats. Great style, fit and trim. Long warranties

A slightly larger gas tank, a higher center armrest, more adjustment on the front headrests, more contrast on gauges.

3 months of ownership, radio gone
By GH

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My radio went at mile 3,700. I took it to the dealer and was told a "refurbished" one would be installed. I was told it would take 4 days, then told up to two weeks and today, due to back order it could take up to 2 months to replace. Refurbished because they say that is all the Kia offers. And forget about calling "customer care" they do nothing to get the matter resolved, they just confirmed there was a back order of refurbished radios and there was nothing they could do. I would have to wait. I suggested getting a radio from a vehicle on the lot, no can do, they said. By the way, I will need a new dash since I now have three screw driver marks and scratches that were left on the dash.

None at this point, I find no pleasure in driving a vehichle waiting for another new part to go, only to be replaced with a refurbished one.

Kia should truly commit to customer service.

Great Vehicle so far
By Fred

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in July, thanks to cash for clunkers, and So far I love the Sportage. We got the Smokey Brown color and constantly get compliments. We lug around our 3 kids with the oldest being 14 and they love it as well. It is suprisingly roomy. High safety marks,amenities you find in much pricier vehicles, and a great warranty are just icing on the cake.

Safety ( side curtain airbags, as well as front, Tire pressure monitor,front active headrests etc...) Keyless entry, Sirius radio, USB and aux inputs, good on gas,10 year warranty, smooth ride and great value...there are so many.

Sunroof would be nice and a hybrid version would be great.

Best of both worlds
By Happy

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had vehicle a little over a month and am very pleased, has plenty of power and good fuel economy. Have used it to move daughter to school and hauled the needed goods well. I love the color and it always gets comments. I am tall and heavy and it is a joy to get in andout of, I think I made a good buy for me.

Like the features electric windows, cruise, sat radio.

Don't have any yet

Good Choice
By Chris

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, we really like the Sportage. The ride is excellent and very smooth for a SUV. The acceleration is a little sluggish but isn't missed in normal driving. The headrest positioning is a little uncomfortable but can be adjusted with some work to a workable compromise.

The ride is very smooth and handling is very good. Safety features are very impressive.The rear reclining seats and their complete fold down ability are great features. Since I'm in Texas, the AC is a huge selling feature and the Sportage (and Kia's in general) have the best I've seen by far

Exterior temp gauge, back seat cup holders, better pick-up, larger clock display, cruise control placement and radio controls on steering wheel, head rest could have better positioning. Better gas mileage. Daytime running lights. Automatic off/on headlights.