2009 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews 3

2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
Could be better
By Poor Trans. on 08/25/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my KIA new in June. Got everything on it, leather, sun roof, GPS etc. I live in the mountains, and while the V-6 delivers adequate power, the transmission down shifts "very" rough, very annoying. Dealer says it is normal but I have never seen a transmission that rough. GPS very user "unfriendly" and costs lots of $ to update. Car rides and handles well and is fun to drive. Mileage very good.

research
By Grandpa on 08/22/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I read the reviews, I like the car, If you do not like the arm rest chec out chic.com We bought one and it looks and feels like it came with the car. Head rests, oh yeah, they are adjustable or you can turn them around. All that being said, Low Rpm performance is questionable. Dealer said my car needs to adjust to my driving style...emmmm I do like this car

Recent Kia purchase
By WSB on 08/20/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

after inflated ford escape and toyota dealer sticker prices I purchased my first Kia , This SUV seems well constructed and tight, It handles well and is fund to drive and even with all the added options its cost is almost half that of the others. After 30 years of American car dealer deception the purchase was a nice change.

Love the car
By John on 08/15/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a good car that was safe and good on gas to replace my 99 suburban. I love the sportage but the headrest position is tough, not enough options for comfort especially for the front seat passenger. Also having a hard time getting used to no arm rest for the driver. I would recommend this car highly

Not comfortable
By carmela larocco on 08/11/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The front seats are the worst seats I ever sat on headrest are just as bad no armrest up front so your right arm has no were to rest. Rear seat could use cup holders other then the door. The rear area is roomy and the seats are better. The Sportage is a great size and it is not a bad ride for an suv. I will say make sure you fully check what ever car you buy there are no returns. Take it for a good long ride not a short spin.

Love My Kia
By Bill on 08/09/09 15:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded my 1996 Jeep Cherokee (cash for clunker)for a 2009 Kia Sportage. Gas mileage is great and love the value I got for my $$$. Could not be happier with the buying experience. Thanks Murray Kia!!

Can't beat the price per safety & option
By Jay on 08/01/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We're looking for a family size car with decent fuel efficiency under 20K. We've checked RAV4, CR-V, Mazda 5, Santa Fe, Rondo, & Sportage. After the test driving, knocked off RAV4, Rondo & Mazda 5. CR-V not chosen simply because we've owned Honda & wanted to make a change + price. Santa Fe looked good but fuel efficiency was somewhat disappointing. This sportage gave us smooth ride, enough power (family of 4), and it was quite spacious for all 4 passengers. The 2nd row seat has three reclining options which are great to our kids during a long ride. On top of that, Kia's 3K incentive made it impossible to find some other alternatives. Purchased around 13K w/ Cash for clunkers.

Nice SUV but....
By chris on 07/13/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look and handling of my 2009 Kia Sportage but, the headrests are at the most uncomforatable angle and there isn't anything I can do to adjust them. The angle is too far forward!

Sweet!
By CGB on 07/09/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The reviewer who said the Kia Sportage isn't so fun to drive has not spent the last 10 yrs dragging around in a big van! I've only had it a couple weeks but so far I am super impressed! Plenty of get up & go, great handling, surprisingly smooth ride, excellent stereo, quiet engine. I got the whole pkg; nice leather seats, classy brushed metal trim, nav system...accoutrements I have not experienced in years & could never have afforded in another comparable vehicle. But really, it is the ride & handling that totally impresses me. The rest is just the big cherry on the sundae. Time will tell but this just feels like a quality vehicle. Can't wait for my next road trip!

Unbeatable price for a well-designed SUV
By Kevin on 06/18/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Kia after my old car, a '99 VW Beetle, kicked the bucket. I have long been dreaming for an SUV, but didn't expect to find one in the $15K price range I was aiming for. Stumbled upon the Kia dealership, and was impressed with the RAV4 & Forester matching features of the Kia in such an affordable package. I've had it for 3 weeks now and am overall impressed. Horsepower is a bit lacking, but fuel economy is decent (23 mpg on my first tank, 90% city). Handling is secure, if not sports-car-like. Interior is ergonomic, durable, & comfortable without the silly frills found in other cars of this segment. Easily the most bang for the buck in the small SUV category.