Used 2009 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

2009 Kia Sportage

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:

Love this car!
By CircleGirl

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a Honda, a Toyota and a Mazda, I gave Kia a gry this time. So far, I love everything about this car! The ride is smooth and quiet. The interior is impeccable. The external styling is sporty and attractive. The car handles very well on all types of road conditions and I'm sure the 4WD has saved me from spinning out into a ditch several times already. I love being higher up off the road, and I think this car is a great buy.

The interior styling, the road handling.

Haven't thought of any yet.

wow
By Wally

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bang for the buck. Very impressed with this little SUV. I was impressed SO much that I bought another KIA 6mths later. David Bollen of Jerry Smith Kia is the most professional and honest car salesman I have had the pleasure of doing business with. If you are looking at buying a Kia and are in Washington then go to Burlington and stop by Jerry Smith Kia and talk to this guy. He is a staight shooter.

A very impressive car for the size. Don't let the small size fool you she is a wollup packer.

standard bluetooth would be nice.

Very Happy with Purchase
By Dave

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased as Christmas present for wife. Bought the Volcanic Red and that even scored more points. So far we are very happy with purchase and living in Central Illinois we have had the opportunity to drive under all extreme conditions. Sportage passed them all with flying colors. Plenty of room and quite comfortable to drive.

Handles well. The luxury package additions are all great additions to have. Whether it is the sound system, the heated seats, leather, or whatever it adds to the greatness of the SUV. Also the cargo space and the ease of lowering the seats is a big plus. Warrenty and safety rating.

Maybe improve the center armrest as others have mentioned.

Long Term Review on the Sportage
By AGC

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 09 Sportage for 9 months and 17000 miles. Still very solid and economical to run. The 4 wheel drive system has been great in NH winters. I'm able to go up some steep hils during snow storms that normally would not be able to navigate. Sportage is very roomy, gas mileage has been consistant around 25-27MPG. The only issue I had was a faulty steering sensor which the dealership fixed right away. The Sportage has been trouble free. Too bad I can't say the same for my civic. Seating is comfortable. Just found out that you can adjust the head rests and the rear seats recline back. Still great value and bery happy with my purchase. This is the perfect comuter vehicle and family car

Love the 4 Wheel drive system, back seats fold flat without taking the head rests off. Love the traction control, ESC system, 5 star crash rating, great warranty, and satelite radio

OUtside temp gauge, engine temp gauge, Adjustable arm rest, interior lights that come on when you remove the key, running lights. Would also like the option of plastic body panels

Fun car
By Lia

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this little guy. Its so cute, I have to say it looks smaller then it is. Very roomy inside and I will say for the warranty and price no other car in its class can beat it. It says alot about the manufacturer to put a 5 yr 60k mile warranty on their vehicle they must not be expecting a bunch of big issues. One thing I would change would be to have a better (taller) armrest and a bit less plastic in the car, but the sat radio and ipod jack are awesome. Power seats standard on driver side would be cool, also a little less cabin noise its louder then my Nissan but hey its an suv But I bought this for practicality so for that it gets a 10. I hope it continues to make me happy

Sat radio, ipod jack, fun to drive, roomy interior, stability control. good on gas compared to others in class. 5 star safety rating. Good insurance rate (mine went down) bumper to bumper warranty.

Transferable power train, better armrest or a drivers side armrest. power driver side seat. Better sounding speakers(need more power)..Maybe a bit less plastic on the inside. Still learning what it has but an oil monitor and tire monitor if it doesnt have it. and less cabin noise.