2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
wow
By Wally on 01/24/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bang for the buck. Very impressed with this little SUV. I was impressed SO much that I bought another KIA 6mths later. David Bollen of Jerry Smith Kia is the most professional and honest car salesman I have had the pleasure of doing business with. If you are looking at buying a Kia and are in Washington then go to Burlington and stop by Jerry Smith Kia and talk to this guy. He is a staight shooter.

Very Happy with Purchase
By Dave on 01/21/10 08:25 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased as Christmas present for wife. Bought the Volcanic Red and that even scored more points. So far we are very happy with purchase and living in Central Illinois we have had the opportunity to drive under all extreme conditions. Sportage passed them all with flying colors. Plenty of room and quite comfortable to drive.

Long Term Review on the Sportage
By AGC on 01/18/10 20:17 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 09 Sportage for 9 months and 17000 miles. Still very solid and economical to run. The 4 wheel drive system has been great in NH winters. I'm able to go up some steep hils during snow storms that normally would not be able to navigate. Sportage is very roomy, gas mileage has been consistant around 25-27MPG. The only issue I had was a faulty steering sensor which the dealership fixed right away. The Sportage has been trouble free. Too bad I can't say the same for my civic. Seating is comfortable. Just found out that you can adjust the head rests and the rear seats recline back. Still great value and bery happy with my purchase. This is the perfect comuter vehicle and family car

Fun car
By Lia on 12/21/09 10:13 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this little guy. Its so cute, I have to say it looks smaller then it is. Very roomy inside and I will say for the warranty and price no other car in its class can beat it. It says alot about the manufacturer to put a 5 yr 60k mile warranty on their vehicle they must not be expecting a bunch of big issues. One thing I would change would be to have a better (taller) armrest and a bit less plastic in the car, but the sat radio and ipod jack are awesome. Power seats standard on driver side would be cool, also a little less cabin noise its louder then my Nissan but hey its an suv But I bought this for practicality so for that it gets a 10. I hope it continues to make me happy

AWESOME....
By VERY SATISFIED on 11/12/09 19:05 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage EX 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Kia, the first being the 2005 Rio, which is still in great condition. Needed larger vehicle for longer trips. This vehicle is fine looking and fun to drive. I guess I had hoped for better fuel economy but at 21 MPG, it isn't bad. I agree with other reviewers...miss my armrest, the vehicle could shift more smoothly and I would like to have a guage for the eng. temp instead of an idiot light. I also would like the outside temp reading but that is not of great significance. Mine has everything but the nav system, and that is because I have an excellent portable that is cheaper to upgrade. AWESOME RIDE for the price!!! Could not have made a better deal!!!!! The warranty, GREAT!

Fun Run-about with style
By CEsav on 11/01/09 19:30 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

With the rebate, great price to start with, no nonesense dealer (not what I found at Toyota and Honda)the surprizing quiet ride and style plus 10/100 warranty, I was sold. I bought it for around town driving, but drove well on the interstate, and got a solid 26mpg. The 4 banger took a little to getting use to (at the lights), but was better than I thought it would, but love it at the gas pump. LX is good value.

3 months of ownership, radio gone
By GH on 10/27/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My radio went at mile 3,700. I took it to the dealer and was told a "refurbished" one would be installed. I was told it would take 4 days, then told up to two weeks and today, due to back order it could take up to 2 months to replace. Refurbished because they say that is all the Kia offers. And forget about calling "customer care" they do nothing to get the matter resolved, they just confirmed there was a back order of refurbished radios and there was nothing they could do. I would have to wait. I suggested getting a radio from a vehicle on the lot, no can do, they said. By the way, I will need a new dash since I now have three screw driver marks and scratches that were left on the dash.

Great Vehicle so far
By Fred on 10/14/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in July, thanks to cash for clunkers, and So far I love the Sportage. We got the Smokey Brown color and constantly get compliments. We lug around our 3 kids with the oldest being 14 and they love it as well. It is suprisingly roomy. High safety marks,amenities you find in much pricier vehicles, and a great warranty are just icing on the cake.

Best of both worlds
By Happy on 09/07/09 07:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had vehicle a little over a month and am very pleased, has plenty of power and good fuel economy. Have used it to move daughter to school and hauled the needed goods well. I love the color and it always gets comments. I am tall and heavy and it is a joy to get in andout of, I think I made a good buy for me.

Good Choice
By Chris on 09/01/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, we really like the Sportage. The ride is excellent and very smooth for a SUV. The acceleration is a little sluggish but isn't missed in normal driving. The headrest positioning is a little uncomfortable but can be adjusted with some work to a workable compromise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$116 per month*