2009 Kia Sportage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sportage model:
09 Kia Sportage long term review
By acer on 02/28/10 19:23 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in April of 09,21000 miles later no issues. Great small suv. NH winters can be rough, have driven on unplowed roads with 2 feet of snow and had no problems getting through on stock Kumo tires. Solid as the day i bought. MPG is 25-27 city/hwy. The lx 4 cylinder is basic and functional the inside, w/4 cylinder a great commuter car. Excellent Family work horse. Exterior finish is excellent. Looked at the subaru, but sportage was roomier, cant beat the warrenty.

3 months of ownership, radio gone
By GH on 10/27/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My radio went at mile 3,700. I took it to the dealer and was told a "refurbished" one would be installed. I was told it would take 4 days, then told up to two weeks and today, due to back order it could take up to 2 months to replace. Refurbished because they say that is all the Kia offers. And forget about calling "customer care" they do nothing to get the matter resolved, they just confirmed there was a back order of refurbished radios and there was nothing they could do. I would have to wait. I suggested getting a radio from a vehicle on the lot, no can do, they said. By the way, I will need a new dash since I now have three screw driver marks and scratches that were left on the dash.

Unbeatable price for a well-designed SUV
By Kevin on 06/18/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sportage LX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Kia after my old car, a '99 VW Beetle, kicked the bucket. I have long been dreaming for an SUV, but didn't expect to find one in the $15K price range I was aiming for. Stumbled upon the Kia dealership, and was impressed with the RAV4 & Forester matching features of the Kia in such an affordable package. I've had it for 3 weeks now and am overall impressed. Horsepower is a bit lacking, but fuel economy is decent (23 mpg on my first tank, 90% city). Handling is secure, if not sports-car-like. Interior is ergonomic, durable, & comfortable without the silly frills found in other cars of this segment. Easily the most bang for the buck in the small SUV category.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Sportage in VA is:

$116 per month*